Timeline plugin implementation empty image

molcomp

Hi everyone,

Its been a while since I worked with Fabrik and I am a little bit rusty. I appreciate if anyone can help me out with setting up the timeline plugin. I have created one list with fields task name , date start and date end. I created the timeline visualisation and I have set it up to show in the front. However on loading I get only empty screen saying loaded 2 (which I guess the 2 are the two records that I entered ) . I am not sure what am I doing wrong so any help very much appreciated.

Thanx
Alex

I have never worked with the Timeline vis before, and I can't get it to output anything except an empty screen, either...

If you go into List and click on View Data, do you see your data? FWIW, I can see my data fine (it was imported from a CSV file), but cannot get the Timline to show anything on the page.

Thank you for your comment. Yes I can see the data with no problem when I click view data. I have just two records for testing. Its very simple setup as I said not sure whats the catch.

Alex

I don't know exactly what to expect in this viz;)

But I just tested, it's working (out of the box; there are notices in the console log about "...The network request for this script MAY be blocked ..." but no error)
Make sure you have something added in Bands/Bands(Select).
BTW: Label must be a standard placeholder {table___element}, not {table.element} as it is inserted via the "Add" button

Hello

Thanks troester for the hint. Yes it works after you add Band. Just I could not read this anywhere :). I have a problem now with the timeline scale at the bottom. I have selected for Band to be Day and now the scale at the bottom does not shrinks the date properly its a bit messy. I attached the photo to be seen. But now I am one step further so thank you again.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-05-19 12:37:35.png
    Screenshot from 2017-05-19 12:37:35.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 35
It's ok on my site.
I assume your Joomla template is setting some big font size (and timeline seems to use a fix 50px event slot).
You can try to add custom CSS
.timeline-horizontal .timeline-date-label { font-size: 13px;
}
Just I could not read this anywhere :).
Yup, the timeline WIKI seems to be pretty outdated

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back