1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Tips to integrate Flexicontent/Content and Fabrik

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by KingoftheRoad, Jan 31, 2011.

1. KingoftheRoad Member

Level: Community
    Hi Guys,

I use the following approach to integrate Flexicontent/Content with Fabrik and need your further advice to complete it.

I create a content type in Flexicontent as follows:

1) Description (= com_content->description)
    2) Form , actually a text_area with default {fabrik ID=5 view=form}

So, this content type consists of a Com_content's Description and a Fabrik Form.

In the Fabrik Form, I create an element "ContentCode", it retrieves the "id" of the com_content from the URL with default php as below:

Code (text):
    function curPageURL() {
     $pageURL = 'http';
     if ($_SERVER["HTTPS"] == "on") {$pageURL .= "s";}
     $pageURL .= "://";
     if ($_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"] != "80") {
      $pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].":".$_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
     } else {
      $pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
     }
     return $pageURL;
    };
    $str = curPageURL();
    parse_str($str, $output);
    return $output['id'];
    It actually retrieves the field id from the URL. It is actually the article id of com_content.

Now, I have the article id of com_content as an element of the Fabrik Form, how can I retrieve the "title", "description" ...of the com_content via database lookup to save these data as elements of the Fabrik form?

What element types I shall use and what php expression I shall use?

Many thanks.

Seth
  2. KingoftheRoad Member

Level: Community
    Friendly pump.
  3. troester Well-Known Member

Level: Standard
    Not quiet sure what you need, do you mean jos_content?

You can create a fabrik table linked to any database table including Joomla core tables (make sure to set "alter existing fieldtypes"=no) or you can retrieve data from database tables, see http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=107621