Too many tables; MySQL can only use 61 tables??

sales2010

Hello,

I am trying to join 6 (six) tables together. When i visit the main list, i will see this error:

1116 Too many tables; MySQL can only use 61 tables in a join.

Searching the fabrik_joins database table i've found 57 instances of main list...

The big number of joined tables might be because of another error: when i try to join a new table (List/Data/Joins/Add), the first joined table is removed and the last added joined table is saved. One workaround was to remove all the joins, save the list, edit the list and add again each join. But, that will work only if i will not edit the list again. Soon as i edit the list (for any reason, like changing the name of the list), the first table from join is removed.

I use the github version updated yesterday

Thank you

try googling that - Im pretty sure its a limilation of mSQL. Remember things like dbjoin / user/ cdd elements all create joins in the query as well.

i don't think this is the problem, the number of dbjoin/cdd elements, i only have few.

Looking into the database table i see that the same join is added many times, see attached image.
Clipboard01.png

Something strange happen, i can only have 6 joins in a list? Even more, the joined tables that "disappear" from list are not removed from database.

I don't seem to be able to replicate the "first join disappears" thing, although I'm only up to 4 joins so far.

Does this happen to you even when adding a second join?

-- hugh

OK, should be fixed in latest github.

Unfortunately, the fix will only prevent this from happening again, it won't get rid of those bogus / orphaned rows in the fabrik_joins table.

I suggest what you do is update from github, then take a backup of your fabrik_joins table, then manually remove any of the obvious repeated rows for each of your joins, just leave the most recent (highest id).

You may have to do the same thing with the fabrik_groups table, either by hand in the table, or via the Groups tab on the backend, to get rid of any extranous "Foo - [bar]" groups that got automatically created for your list joins, then "orphaned" by this bug.

Just make sure you take a copy of those two tables before doing anything.

If you are nervous about this, catch me on Skype, and I'll help with the damage control.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back