• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

troubleshooting language string constant problem

Hello,

strange little problem. I have been working with FABRIK for a while now and set up a new website with FABRIK. This website uses de-DE and en-GB language. Currently I am overriding language strings:

root/administrator/language/overrides/de-DE.override.ini
root/administrator/language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini

root/language/overrides/de-DE.override.ini
root/language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini

This will work for language strings within Joomla, but not with a FABRIK FORM module, that is set to de-DE language. I think I am missing some folder structure or files. Not sure what to check next. Obviously, language file is being loaded. My language strings look like:

[FABRIK XFAKRIB_USER]
XFABRIK_USER="XFABRIK"
XFABRIK_USER_pk_id="pk_id"

Any help appreciated :)

I noticed, in backend the FABRIK FORM label is being translated. The element labels are not being translated in backend.

Have you tried using the GUI to create the override ini files. In Joomla Administrator, select Extensions/Language/Overrides, select front or back end, click New and search for the string you want to override. If you don't find it in the front end, try the back end and vice versa. Then when you click on the string found to populate the new override string form, it knows which of the two sets of files above to store it in.

AFAIK, these are the only two places overrides are stored. I don't use overrides for Fabrik (putting changes into PRs), but those I have used for other extensions go into those files - and the choice depends on whether you are in Front or Back end overrides screen at the point you click save - and that will depend on which of these you find the strings you want to override.

(Not sure if that is a great explanation, but hopefully it is understandable.)

Meanwhile if you select the admin language in overrides and add a new string you are asked if you want to add to front- and backend.
I don't use overrides for Fabrik (putting changes into PRs)
This is for Fabrik original language strings but if you want your own ones ( element labels, error messages, tips...) you have to use overrides (which is not overriding in this case but adding new language strings).

Yes - my description was for existing strings - however you can create new strings in the GUI too. So I still recommend it.

P.S. Joomla language ini files also do not use the Windows ini file format with groups like [FABRIK XFAKRIB_USER].

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back