Tweak to full calendar so AJAX event loading only loads dates for range

nbradshaw

Question about this commit.

I am using the full calendar and I have a lot of rows (with joins) and it is starting to be very sluggish. I started using it in January for change management activities...and now that we are in April it will sometimes not even load.

So will this update change the query to only populate the month view that is showing (ie..April)? Was it querying ALL months (all data ranges) prior to this change? If so, I think this should solve my problem.

Am I able to upload just this plugin or are there dependencies?

Thanks

So will this update change the query to only populate the month view that is showing (ie..April)? Was it querying ALL months (all data ranges) prior to this change? If so, I think this should solve my problem.

Yes, that's exactly what it does. It's something I had intended to add a while back, but just forgot about it. And as all my test lists for fullcalendar are small, so I never noticed the problem.

Am I able to upload just this plugin or are there dependencies?

I can't answer that, as I don't know what has changed where since you last updated. I always strongly advise never to cherry pick from github, always upload everything ... unless you 100% know what you are doing, eg. don't have to ask "are there dependencies?". :)

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh...I am on 3.5.1...I uploaded the git hub 'fullcalendar' folder to ../plugins...and it broke. I will work on testing the latest full github on my dev site to see if we can upgrade...thanks for making that change!

Github should be pretty stable right now, I wouldn't anticipate any problems updating a 3.5.1 site. I've concentrated mostly on just fixing bugs, not creating new ones. :)

(In other words, no big sweeping changes to anything, just focused fixes)

Note that if you intend to upgrade to J! 3.7 (which is due out "real soon now", they just put out RC2) you will have to update Fabrik. So probably a good time to do that testing.

Ok - I got this setup on my DEV server but it is still not loading the events...only way it will load is to use a filter for narrow the results. Did the changes you make also change the 3.7 github?...that's what I am testing with.

Also...I am using a repeat start/stop for my dates..not sure if that will make a difference with the changes you made.

Thanks!

All of my sites are behind firewalls, unfortunately. I can try and re-create this on my test cloud environment...but it may take a bit.

How many events (approx) are in a month?

If there's a lot, it could well still be blowing away your memory limit. Try loading a list with a months worth (and pagination turned off), see if that loads.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back