• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Two list in an article opened from the same search form

allanb

Hi Everyone

I need to have a search form with one drop-down element for the user to select. The search form will then redirect by means of the redirect plugin to an article to display two different lists using the selection from the drop-down to filter both the lists.

I found this thread but for some reason the search param1 is only passed to the first list. I cannot seem to get it to filter the second list as well.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...-lists-simultaneously-in-a-single-page.36058/

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I think you want to post here the exact code you're using in the redirect plugin, as well as the exact content plugin tags you're using in the article, plus eventually other helpful detailed information. Otherwise one could only repeat the generic hints already given in the other thread you're linking to.

Thanks for the reply.

Code in redirect plugin:
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92&param1={___office_id}

Content plugin tags in the article:

{fabrik view=form id=75}

{fabrik view=list id=68 sc_listings___office_id=[param1] }
{fabrik view=list id=66 sc_agent___office_id=[param1] }

Where
id=75 is my search form
id=68 is my first list
id=66 is my second list

This looks ok.
Make sure you don't have any additional spaces or formatting tags inside {}.
Is the 2nd list working if you "comment out" the 1st one? (You can just change to {xfabrik...)

The second list displays but with no data.
If I comment out the first list the second works perfectly.

Maybe param1 is somehow modified "on its way". Try with redirect
...&param1={___office_id}&param2={___office_id}

and
{fabrik view=list id=68 sc_listings___office_id=[param1] }
{fabrik view=list id=66 sc_agent___office_id=[param2] }

Thank you for your assistance with this Troester.
I have already tried that as well, same result. Only the first list shows data.

Hmm, I can't replicate, it's working on my site (tested with param1 and param2).
Make sure there's no Joomla content caching.
Enable "Fabrik debug" in Fabrik Options (Degugging), then add &fabrikdebug=1 to your URL.
You'll see the generated queries in "list GetData:" or "table:mergeJoinedData get ids", look at the WHERE part

I must be doing something wrong. I did the following
1. Under Fabrik options - Debugging - Changed "Allow Fabrikdebug" to Yes
2. Added &fabrikdebug=1 to the end of my URL in the search form redirect plugin jump page.

I see the debugging info when I run the form but there is no "list GetData" or "table:mergeJoinedData get ids"?

The debugging info being displayed when I run the search form is identical for both list with the exception of the last four entries in the first list being;
joins
element filterValueList_Exact:
joins

In the second list it appears only once;

joins

I don't know why you don't get "list GetData" etc if &fabrikdebug is added to your jump URL.

But you can add &fabrikdebug=1 manually after the article is displayed (then reload).

My apologies, must have done something wrong. I get it now.

So the WHERE part for the first list is
WHERE ( `sc_listings`.`office_id` = '12' )

and for the second list is
WHERE ( `sc_agent`.`office_id` = '___office_id' )

12 is what I typed into both search fields. (param1 & param2)

If I change the jump url back to param2 for the seond list I get

WHERE ( `sc_agent`.`office_id` = '___office2_id' )

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back