1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Uninstall Fabrik using Joomla admin leaves various traces...

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by toddski07, Sep 16, 2009.

1. toddski07 New Member

Level: Community
    I just went through the process of 'uninstalling' Fabrik by going to Extensions > Install/Uninstall...then clicked COMPONENTS and selected FABRIK...pressed uninstall. Fabrik was uninstalled but various items remained within my website.

I compared an SVN export folder/file structure to the one on my live site. Uninstall process did not remove the following folders and/or files:

/languages/ (all files within the sub-folders not removed)
    /libraries/joomla/document/fabrikfeed (folder and files not removed)
    /media/com_fabrik (folder not removed)
    /modules/mod_fabrik_form (folder and files not removed)
    /modules/mod_fabrik_table (folder and files not removed)
    /modules/mod_removemootools11 (folder and files not removed)
    /plugins/ (all files within subfolders not removed)

Just thought I would point this out but I'm not sure if certain items were to remain because they are not part of the base install or what. Anyway....I manually deleted all traces and now will go ahead and do a clean install from the latest nightly.

Todd
  2. rob Administrator

those would be removed by unistalling the related Joomla plugin/module - if you updated Fabrik by ftp up file from the SVN then those files would be located on your server regardless of whether you had installed the Joomla plugins/modules

the language file seems to unistall fine for me

I've added some code to check and remove the other folders in necessary

Rob
  3. toddski07 New Member

Yes in the past I have used ftp from the svn so that explains some of it. Thanks.

Not sure why the language files did not uninstall for me....I might try it again on a throwaway Joomla install just to test it.

Thanks for following up.
    Todd