• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

update_col pops up blank window on page load

SteveRL

I'm having a problem with the update_col list plugin in that it pops up a blank window when the page loads. It seems exactly like the symptoms in this thread but the reported workaround doesn't work for me. The plugin seems to work properly if I use 'Update' and specify exactly what to update. As soon as I set 'Allow user selection' (my intended config) to 'Yes' and choose a selectable element, I get the blank popup on page load.

Here is what I'm running:

Joomla! 3.8.5
Update Columns list plugin 3.8.1 (I've tried older version)
Fabrik is 3.8.1
Template Purity III (same result on prostar)

Here is the console error I see when the page/popup loads:

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addEvent' of null
    at Object.onContentLoaded (update_col-min.js:3)
    at Object.loadContent (window.js:3)
    at Object.e.extend.$owner (mootools-core.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:38)
    at Object.makeWindow (window.js:3)
    at Object.e.extend.$owner (mootools-core.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:38)
    at Object.initialize (window.js:3)
    at Object.<anonymous> (mootools-more.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:27)
    at Object.e.extend.$owner [as initialize] (mootools-core.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:38)
    at new <anonymous> (mootools-core.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:37)
    at Object.b.getWindow (window.js:3)

Can you point me at the page? As I said on that other thread, I've never been able to replicate this, so I need to log in to a site with the issue so I can debug it.

You can give me a backend login (and any details in need to know) at http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh I've submitted those details. The update_col plugin is active on the list titled 'Annual'. From the homepage, clicking on a button in the column 'Annual' will take you to that list.

BTW the data is test data and will be flushed so if you change it, it's fine.

Seems I was somehow missing the layouts folder entirely. I took the entire 'update_col' folder you referenced from github and extracted it onto my site. It's working now, much appreciated.

Oops, looks like that was my mistake. The layouts folder was missing from the plugin install XML, so if installing the plugin from the downloaded ZIP (rather than discovering it after a github update), the layouts folder wouldn't have been installed.

I've added it and commited the fix to github, so the next build of that ZIP will fix the problem.

Thanks for the report.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back