updaterows does not work when multiple fields in Inline Edit list plugin

tali

The Inline Edit list plugin is working fine with one field.
When using multiple fields, as in the exemple
Code:
{"list_plugin_inlineedit___score":["list_plugin_inlineedit___score","list_plugin_inlineedit___country"]}
it appears that only the field which was clicked is updated (here list_plugin_inlineedit___score).

The list_plugin_inlineedit___country will not show the modifications until a refresh.

In the inlineedit.js, the line
Code:
Fabrik.fireEvent('fabrik.list.updaterows');
appears to have no effect.

Is there a way to refresh the current row, and only the current row on saving the Inline Edit list plugin?

Unfortunately the Inline Edit plugin has been deprecated, and we won't be doing any more work on it.

-- hugh

Thanks for your answer.
However, this plugin is doing what I expect and I'll use it, refreshing the entire page on submit.

Yup, if it works for you, use it. Just be aware that at some point, it's going to break in an update of either Fabrik or Joomla, and it's deprecated and won't be fixed.

-- hugh

that's a bummer... i'm getting 'empty string passed to getElementById() from jquery.min.js with f3.6. so perhaps the time has come.

my use-case is that I have a list(table) with 100 rental properties in it. the users would like to be able to easily edit one element (webpage meta description for example) for all properties going down a list vs selecting each property and editing. is there another approach to being able to do this?

i'll try that too. that looked like it was going to change that element on all of the rows (update my_table set title='new title') which is not my usecase.

note to others that i DID get the inline edit to work. i had the fields 'hidden=yes' but (viewable on the list) and that didn't work... but with hidden=yes and a very simple one-table list, it does still work. you have to edit in a modal box (back in the day, you could edit in the list itself) but still very good for this use-case. need to make some .css changes for my template, but works on protostar...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back