1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

Urgent - Getting 1969-12-31 for NULL date

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Justin, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Justin New Member

Level: Community
    Hi,

I'm having a date display issue with the latest SVN(258). If a date element's value is NULL in the database, it is showing up as '1969-12-31' in Detailed View of the record. The editable form is displaying NULL date as blank(empty) correctly. The problem is only with the detailed view. I didnt have this problem with SVN 195.

Please let me know how to fix this one.
  2. Justin New Member

Hi Hugh,

I replaced the following code of drawDate() in fabrik.html.php
    if( !$oElement->_editable ){
    // $$$ hugh - if not editable, we can change the format
    return date($format, strtotime($value));
    }

with

if( !$oElement->_editable ){
    // $$$ hugh - if not editable, we can change the format
    if( $value == '')
    return $value;
    else
    return date($format, strtotime($value));
    }

With the above fix, the weird date 1969-12-31 is gone. But i'm not sure if it will break something somewhere. Please advise if it is okay to have the above fix.
  3. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Hmmm, I thought I'd fixed that one. That may have been one of the changes I lost in our little SVN screwup a few weeks ago.

I'll take a look and get back to you.

-- hugh
  4. Justin New Member

Hi Hugh,

Any update on this?
  5. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Should be fixed in the latest SVN.

-- hugh
  6. payam_prz New Member