Usergroup element display

pakeydev

Hi,

If we use usergroup element, it will display all user group from Joomla. Is there a way to display only selected usergroup?

Let say I add new 2 user group in Joomla; staff, new staff.
I want usergroup element to display on staff and new staff but not the rest (Registered, Author, Manager, etc...)

I want to add it at the front end so user can select their own user group from front end.

Is there any way to do this? Or what element should I use if not usergroup?

Thanks.

Hi,

You can use databasejoin element and assign it to Joomla #__usergroups table. Then you can add a filter on Data - where tab.

This is not working if user already login. Also not working if we use checkbox and check multiple usergroup.

What I'm trying to do is user registered via social login. From there, using social login component setting, I set it to redirect to fabrik form to select their usergroup, then redirect to a forms base on their selected usergroup.

I try created a list point to Joomla user_usergroup_map, but I don't know how can user manage it at frontend. :confused:

You can't map a Fabrik list to user_usergroup_map because this table has no single primary key.

It's a restriction that you must use the usergroup element (as it is) or that you can handle only one single group (with other elements, even with checkbox).

A workaround may be to create a checkbox element with eval populate for the frontend user and use a form php plugin to put the selected groups into a hidden usergroup element.

You can't map a Fabrik list to user_usergroup_map because this table has no single primary key.

It's a restriction that you must use the usergroup element (as it is) or that you can handle only one single group (with other elements, even with checkbox).

Thanks for confirming this :)

A workaround may be to create a checkbox element with eval populate for the frontend user and use a form php plugin to put the selected groups into a hidden usergroup element.
This is advance for me :oops:

I've made some search for this and only found 2 ways to add it. But both at Joomla registration form and cannot be edited by frontend user.

https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=784708
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/clients-a-communities/user-management/usergroup-selector/

So at the moment, the only way is to add them manually o_O:D

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back