Using a form submission to query a database table, do a calculation, and return a set of values

LeScruf

Hi folks,

I am looking for help with the logic of writing a custom php script to use a form to query a single table in a database, do a simple calculation on each of the returns from the query, and then display the set of values/returns back to the user in a table.

The form comprises of four drop-down string fields populated from the table, with an additional number field that the user enters (x).

One way of looking at this - I know this is perhaps not correct but it serves to explain the objective, is that I want to:
1. Run a 'filter record' of the four drop-down table field values (number variables) the user selects in the form;
2. Return four number values (I guess an array) from each of the corresponding records in the table that meet the filter criteria;
3. Do a preset calculation on each of the returned record arrays using the additional number variable (x) chosen by the user in the form;
4. Display the results back to the user in a table.

I have been learning basic php - but trying to figure out how to appropriately approach/structure this challenge (which I am guessing is relatively straight-foward if you know how) is leaving me scratching my head a little.

If this is too big of a request or meets with the reaction, 'go hire a pro-coder to do it for you', then totally fair enough.

Or if there are pointers to some useful worked examples to follow, and / or if someone is willing to do a little coaching, then I would be very grateful to sweat a bit, and work it out with a guiding hand.

I have been looking around, and will continue to do so.

Thanks!

Hi Hugh, sure thing - I've literally (as of yesterday) just started working with Fabrik - so is it possible to upgrade paying the difference? Or what's appropriate from your perspective?

Unfortunately we don't have a pro-rated system.

I'll give you some Pro level help, and just bump up when you renew in a month.

First thing, fill our http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites, with the amin URL and login (no need for phpMayAdmin or ftp). It'll make more sense when I can see the form.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back