1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

Validation Star

Discussion in 'Community' started by Stachura, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Stachura Member

Level: Standard
    I think, validation (php) is supposed to be used in place of mask-type formatting. For example, someone enters (333) 342-3433 and the system reformats it to 333-342-3433 for consistency.

I don't want the field to be mandatory, so I don't want the star to appear.

I read a few threads and all point to having to change the template to suppress the star.

Is there a better way of doing this? Not all validations result in the field being mandatory, so I am thinking it would be good to be able to configure it through the admin interface...

Thanks