1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.

Voice Talent Database

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by fractikdesigns, May 13, 2014.

1. fractikdesigns

fractikdesigns Member

Level: Community
    Hey all

First I wanted to give a shout out to the Fabrik team. They are great and I couldn't have gotten this done without them.. While its not the best and most complicated app in the world, it just works as customer wanted it. Had some troubles getting certain portions done but brainstorming and fancy coding sure helped...

Site: http://www.bakersoundstudios.com/voicelink/

Few items I wish i had knowledge and time to do to enhance the app such as being able to pull selections into a form field for emailing, but time and money ran out.. Also some appearance items are not exactly how I would want due to using a Gantry Rocket Theme template. Apparently they change things for the bootstrap that Fabrik uses which causes it to screw up any CSS that Fabrik has done.. Luckily I was able to work it out to a point where it looks decent. Next time I will probably just use a normal Joomla template, but I just like the versatility and function of the rocket theme ones so we shall see... Maybe next version...

The audio popup was custom coded using a calc plugin (thanks to a forum member suggestion) because the default audio app and popup does not support html5 unfortunately. Due to Apple products having issues with flash, I had to come up with something and thanks to the flexibility of the Fabrik component, I was able to do so.. Sounds like it will be on a future roadmap though....

I look forward to working on future apps and working further with the team... And thank you once again...

Jeff

2. fractikdesigns

fractikdesigns Member

Also forgot to add. Another group did the actual website which is why its on two different domains if you happen to click a different link within the menu.. Would have been nice to have coded it all in Joomla and have one flowing website...

3. felixkat

felixkat Senior Member

That site looks familiar. :) Looking good.

4. fractikdesigns

fractikdesigns Member

Yep and thank you again for all your help on it.. much appreciated.