Wrong grouping/calculation after update from 3.0.9 to 3.1

rbuelund

Please see attached for (default list layout) What is happening here - it should only show the caluculation for this one person and not all - this is repeated after each person !!

Attachments

• Grouping error.jpg
    Grouping error.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 418
Have you set the 'split' on the calculation?

What element types are the calculations on?

There was a known issue with join elements, but that should have been fixed.

-- hugh

Just for the record - there was NO problem before the update and no settings have been changed.
The element i make a column calculation on is a calc element. The split is not set - which worked before.

Apologies for the delays.

Can you give me the steps I need to see the problem on your site? I'm logged in at the moment, poking around in the various tables and trying different filters, but so far I haven't been able to see that problem. The image you posted doesn't show me any of the details I need.

-- hugh

I believe you log in at this site: partner.xxxxxxx.dk/holmensside/administrator ?

Go to "Lister" - "Bonusskema" and press "Vis data" - set filters to "?r = 2014" and "Uge = 9" there you have it...

OK, this looks like a bug which we fixed in 3.0, but the fix may not have made it in to 3.1.

I'm looking at it now.

-- hugh

Working on it now. Getting closer to working out what's going on. You may see debug output appearing on that page, it'll go away soon.

-- hugh

Still working on it. The bug fix which should have fixed it, didn't. I can see exactly what's happening, and it is the bug I thought it was. Which is a conflict between how we index the grouped calculations when we build the calculations, and when we render them. Prior to the bug fix. we indexed them by the "label" of the join ("Joe Blogs"), but when we render them, we use the key value of the join ("17") to find the group'ed data. Which meant we never saw any grouped calculation values, and just rendered everything.

The bug fix should have fixed that, and on my test server it does. But on your server, it isn't fixing it. Your calculations are still being built using the label, not the index, to group the calculations.

I'm working as hard as I can on this one, but it's tough going, as I can't replicate it here, where I have debugging tools I can step through the code with. I'm having to do it the old fashioned way on your site, of going through line by line, putting debug output code in so I can see what's going on.

I will get it fixed, but it's just taking longer than either of us would like.

-- hugh

But I also need this to be fixed in Github as this is only a test migration site - I need to update it later on (as the actual site is live now) when I'm shure everything is going to work ! I hope you can fix it before my support runs out again.

Would it not be easier to download a backup of the site and install it on your own server then ? Just a suggestion..

Any fix I work out on your site will get applied to github. That's just standard practice.

Taking an Akeeba backup and setting it up locally is really only something we do at the Pro level, as even with Akeeba, it can be a time consuming process - just generating, downloading, uploading, setting up the database, installing through Kickstart and then ironing out any kinks (like where people have used fully qualified links to their site instead of relative ones, etc) can chew up all the time a Standard sub pays for when reckoned by hourly rates. And if we start doing that for one Standard member, then it becomes a general expectation. And we have to have some support services which make Pro worth having, to help Rob and myself put roofs over our heads and food on the table.

That said, sometimes it becomes worth our while to do that, when we approach the point of diminishing returns with on-site debugging. If I can't track this down in my next session on your site, we may have to go that route, but I've narrowed down to here I'm pretty sure the problem lies (which is to do with using the concat label), and am hoping one more session will get it cracked.

Re your subscription - this is an issue which I am going to solve, regardless of your subscription status, as it's plainly a bug, and needs fixing.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back