yesno, checkbox and download plugin - BUGS

rdiana

Dear friends,
Unfortunately, there are some bugs to be fixed:

• the Fabrik element ? checkbox doesn?t store the default value if is not ticked. I?ve looked at code (checkbox.php) and the function getEmptyDataValue(&$data), which stores the default value, is never called (as method and within the code).
  • the Fabrik element yesno, if Default is ?Yes?, works nice (one of the two option buttons is checked, the other is blank, as expected); but if the Default value is ?NO? both the option buttons are blank;
  • Fabrik List ? download: it doesn?t work. I?ve created a new List (Download_test), populated with a text field (File name) and a fileupload field. This is ok, I ab able to upload a file and to see it in a List view. I?ve installed the Fabrik List ? download plugin. If I click on the new download button, no file is downloaded (it comes back to the home page).

A test site is www.robertodiana.it

Super User account:
Username: xxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxx

Simple user account
Username: xxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxx

the Fabrik element ? checkbox doesn?t store the default value if is not ticked. I?ve looked at code (checkbox.php) and the function getEmptyDataValue(&$data), which stores the default value, is never called (as method and within the code).

Not quite sure what the issue here is. I tested, and it acts as expected. The default is applied when loading the form for a new row. if I leave the default selected, it saves it. If I deselect the default, it doesn't.

Whatever behavior are you expecting?

the Fabrik element yesno, if Default is ?Yes?, works nice (one of the two option buttons is checked, the other is blank, as expected); but if the Default value is ?NO? both the option buttons are blank;

thanks for spotting that, should be fixed in github now.

Fabrik List ? download: it doesn?t work. I?ve created a new List (Download_test), populated with a text field (File name) and a fileupload field. This is ok, I ab able to upload a file and to see it in a List view. I?ve installed the Fabrik List ? download plugin. If I click on the new download button, no file is downloaded (it comes back to the home page).

Looking at that now.

-- hugh

BTW, I edited your posts and removed the usernames and passwords.

if I end up needing to login to your system, I'll ask you to Skype or PM me the credentials. Best not to include usernames and passwords (especially for super admin accounts) in your posts.

I suggest you change that super admin login right away, as Google will probably have cached the original post text by now.

-- hugh

I've made a couple of changes to the download plugin, but i suspect the main problem is that it won't work if the list is "Ajaxified", as the way the download plugin handles sending the download back to the browser just won't work via an AJAX call.

So try the latest github, and turn 'Ajaxify' off in your List settings. Works for me when I turn Ajaxify off.

Let me know.

-- hugh

Dear cheesegrits,
thank you for your reply. Only the second topic (yesno plugin) has been fixed (thank you very much for your availability). Other bugs are still present:

1. the first one, today reported also by dts77 (checkbox not NULL), is present in both conditions, only one checkbox and multiple checkboxes (as in the case of dts77). Practically, once one or more checkboxes have been setted, they can not be unchecked all together;
2. Fixed
3. The Fabrik List - download plugin doesn't work, also with the last update and with Ajaxify off. I attach a screen capture, with my setting; {download_test___file_upload} is the full name of the upload element (named file_upload) belonging to the same table (download_test). Practically, the download button appears, but once clicked download doesn't start and the home page is called.
All permissions (view, edit...) are setted to public.

Thank you,

Roberto

Attachments

• Fabrik List - download.jpg
    Fabrik List - download.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 308
Ah, I just noticed in your settings, you have curly braces round the element name.

Try removing those. You only put {braces} around an element name when you want to use it as a placeholder (i.e replacing the {word} with the value of the element).

-- hugh

The Fabrik element yesno, if Default is ?Yes?, works nice (one of the two option buttons is checked, the other is blank, as expected); but if the Default value is ?NO? both the option buttons are blank;

Check please!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back