NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.Dismiss Notice
Please take your time to read through each of these links, they will greatly help you understand some of the principals behind Fabrik
Getting Started, Example List (top)After Fabrik installation you can
Create your first list(top)
Add a label, "Save"
Add a content type (a sample of predefined elements), "Save &Close"
That's it, your first list with Fabrik default settings.
Fabrik has created
- a database table `list_one` with columns `id` and `date_time`
- a Fabrik form
- a Fabrik group
- two Fabrik elements
Set list access levels(top)List and record access are defined by Joomla Access levels, default list access is
Public: view list, view records, add records, edit records
Registered: delete records
Spezial: empty (= truncate the list)
You can set the access levels as you need in your list "Access" .
Add more elements(top)
- Add a Label
- Fabrik will create the Name (= database column name) from the label automatically, you can change it
- Select a Plug-in (the type of your element)
- Select a Group the element should belong to
- In List view settings set "Show in list"=YES
Add/modify data(top)In Fabrik Lists click "View Data" and add some records.
Existing records can be modified by clicking the pencil icon.
Frontend Access(top)Create a Joomla menu item type "Fabrik list"
Learn about modifying the default list/form/group/element settings(top)Open the list/form/group/element form by clicking on the name (or open a new one).
- Open all tabs, options etc to see the possibilities
- Mouse-hover all labels, most of them will show additional informations
- Use the "Help" buttons which will link you to the WIKI
- Poke around the WIKI to detect additional list/form/element/validation/visualization/scheduled task/content plugins, for custom output design, for adding custom php and JS code, fine tuned data access, Fabrik Options, youtube videos etc.
Additional Help (top)
Whist this document covers the functionality of each part of Fabrik we also have additional learning material, details of which are listed below:
A comprehensive series of tutorials can be found here:
And finally of course we have our forums:
To get the best response please post in the most appropriate board for your subscription level and please provide as much information as possible about what you are doing.
We LIKE screenshots we LOVE links to the pages in question and we will practically MARRY YOU if you attach a video!