Important notice about Cloudbleed - if your site uses the Cloudflare CDN, and you intend to follow the Joomla security team's advice to change your site "secret", you MUST READ THIS NOTICE.
Fabrik 3.6 Released Remember to backup and test your backup before proceeding with this update. Please report any problems you might experience with this new version here on the forum. You are safe to upgrade to Joomla! 3.7 and PHP 7.x with this version of Fabrik. View the blog for more details on this release.
Pre Requisites (top)
- Check the pre requisites first. Prerequisites
Installing Fabrik3.x (top)
- Go to fabrikar.com/downloads
- Download the latest version of Fabrik3.x (select type 'component').
- In Joomla 2.5.x [or 3.x] click on Extensions > Extension Manager and go to the section 'Upload Package File'.
- Click on Browse under Upload Package File and select the file you downloaded in step 2 (eg pkg_fabrik_3.x.zip).
- Click on Upload File & Install.
- You should see a success message of Installing package was successful.
- You can now access the Fabrik application from the Components menu.
Alternative Installation Method(top)In this method you manually copy the installation files to a folder on your server and install from there. You should try this if you get an error message or the installation hangs with the previous method. You should also install this way on a single PC running a LAMP server or similar software.
- Unzip the pkg_fabrik_3.x.zip file on your computer. There will be more zip files inside it, but you don't need to unzip these.
- Upload all the files to a folder on your server e.g. /usr/home/public_html/tmp/com_fabrik. Keep the structure of sub-folders the same as in the original zip.
- Go to your site's administration page and select Extensions > Extension Manager.
- In the 'Install from Directory' section, in the 'Install Directory' field, enter the path where you uploaded your files e.g. /usr/home/public_html/tmp/com_fabrik.
- Press the 'Install' button next to the 'Install Directory' field.
- If you get an error like "Install path does not exist", it probably means the installer can't access the relevant folders. Check the permissions on the folder and sub-folders where you uploaded the files. (On a Linux LAMP server, the user 'www-data' must have access).
Installing and Enabling Additional Plugins (top)
If you are running an official Fabrik release (i.e. installed downloaded zip, Joomla updates, NO GitHub updates):
- Download the plugin from http://fabrikar.com/download
- Install via Joomla ExtensionManager
- Update from GitHub
- Go to Extensions > Extension Manager > Discover
- Click 'Purge Cache' icon and then 'Discover' icon
- Select your plugins and click 'Install'
- Go to Extensions > Plug-in Manager
- Enable your plugins