Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.Dismiss Notice
Mise ? niveau
There are three scenarios that are possible when upgrading. Please choose the scenario that matches your situation.
- You have installed Fabrik 3.x via the Joomla installer and have made no updates via GitHub, a new version has been released and you would like to upgrade to this new version.
- You have installed Fabrik 3.x via the Joomla installer and have been updating via GitHub, a new version has been released and you would like to upgrade to this new version.
- You are running Fabrik 2 and would like to migrate to Fabrik 3.
If you chose scenario 2, you will be performing a 'GitHub Update'.
If you chose scenario 3, please visit the 'Migrating From Fabrik 2' page.
General Instructions (top)
The following steps should be completed before upgrading and apply to all types of upgrade:
- Backup your sites database and files.
- Look at the [http://fabrikar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92 code announcements] forum to see if anything has changed which you should be aware of.
- Do not uninstall your previous version of Fabrik
Standard Upgrade (top)
To perform a 'Standard Upgrade', simply follow the same procedure as if you were installing Fabrik for the first time.
GitHub Update (top)
At the time of a official version release, we recommend users who are updating from GitHub, to upgrade Fabrik via the Joomla installer and then continue to 'update from GitHub'.
This is because the installer/upgrader may apply additional database changes which would not be applied if you only updated from GitHub.
For instructions on how to 'update from GitHub', click here.