• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Responsive View on the tables

outbreak198x

Hello,

i already found some threads here how to get the tables responsive, but i don't know how to exactly do it.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/make-tables-truly-responsive.44095/

in this article is suggested to edit the default_repeat_Group_row.php - in my version the name is default_repeatgroup_row.php - ok, i give it a try, changed the line in all 3 files with that name... but nothing changed.

then i found the thread linked to another side how to get tables responsive...
ok, but where should i add this html or css file? - i've just a menu link to farbik form.

it's not an option for me to just disable some columns.

it should be like the "No more tables" link

maybe someone can help me - thx :)

HTML tables are not "responsive", this is not a Fabrik thing.
In list settings you can hide columns depending on screen size (so this IS default, but it's always up to you to define what to display on which screen size, this can't be done automatically).

As @startpoint says you can create a custom template.
If you always want to show all data you can e.g. start with the div template, use flex-box CSS ...

We're looking at doing some serious template redesigns in the next release (once 3.9.1 is out and we work on 3.10) for forms and lists. We're still using the ones we wrote for the first 3.0 bootstrapped release, which were not much improved from the Fabrik 2.x ones. So they are definitely showing their age. But it's a lot of work to do anything serious to them, and I just haven't had time.

-- hugh

You can create a custom template: copy bootstrap and modify the table tag in default.php

You can create a custom template: copy bootstrap and modify the table tag in default.php
well, Bootstrap in views/form/tmpl? or list or details?
i already run fileseek with <table on the full views folder, and changed it to responsive rt - but still same results

You said a responsive table, so it's list layout.
I don't know if this mentioned plugin is working (you can discuss if this is "responsive"), but view/list/tmpl would be the place to modify the table class.

Edit:
I just tried. It's not what I would use but it's working.

Last edited:
Don't know anything about this particular extension, but I assume you should add the class in your templates default.php "table" tag.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back