• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Recent content by Bauer

1. B

PHP 7 delete row failure w/dbjoin repeats

The pre-check in buildQuery is a good idea, if feasible. (Then I could remove the note I added to the Wiki for Elements List view settings Tab.) But my code changes should still remain (with your correction) - i.e. having both of those 'if' conditions that check for empty values. (e.g. a...
  2. B

@cheesegrits - I just submitted an amended pull request, to fix the error that was triggered if dbj value was empty (or in $this->getJoin() but not included in the list query). IMO, when that happens it should at least be noted in the Fabrik log file - if you want to add that as an 'else' in...
  3. B

OK - Now that explains a lot - Thank you, troester. (Have I ever told you that you should work for the CIA? :)) Sure enough - those elements I mention in my last post, that aren't included in the '$groups' array/object, are all marked as 'No' in the 'Include in list query' option for the...
  4. B

And also BTW - with the code that was there - where you try to get an array of all the values of the repeat rows (rather than my simpler method of just getting the PK and not have to worry about that) - the results were also inconsistent. The $rows in $groups - for some reason did not even...
  5. B

here you go @cheesegrits ... When I deleted one row in the table I got this in the error log - one for each of the dbj elements... [07-Sep-2018 21:53:14 UTC]warning 'Undefined property: stdClass::$fb_breakouts___filtered_members_raw' at...
  6. B

All I can tell you is that without the brackets, I was getting an error. I'll try to find the stackoverflow.com thread that led me to the solution - and I'll even put the original code back in so you can see the exact php error log verbiage firsthand. I wouldn't have gone through this trouble of...
  7. B

[SOLVED] A label after a field

For as little as it's used, I still think the jQuery solution is best. It's one line of code added to the js file - and it works just fine.
  8. B

Now I get why the loop . OK, I'll test with multiple deletions and fix the code. So how big a problem do you suspect we have throughout Fabrik - where you have the use of a variable as an object name?
  9. B

Note to @cheesegrits - You have a much better idea than I, where else in the Fabrik code such a problem might exist. Unfortunately, I assume there will be at least a few more.:(
  10. B

The onDeleteRows function in datbasejoin.php is not working in php7 - because a variable is being used for an object name without putting it in brackets{}. i.e. $row->$fulName needs to be $row->{$fulName} in php 7. A pull request with a fix, or revamp of that code, is ready to go - I...
  11. B

Thanks troester. Got it - and its all coming back to me.:rolleyes: I now recall using the sprintf feature and abandoning it for this exact reason (not shown in form view). It may very well have been you who explained it to me the first time. Oh my mind.:(
  12. B

I'm still learning, troester.:cool: Could you please elaborate on this method by providing an example of just exactly what would be entered as the 'Format string' in order to accomplish what yodam wants to do? I have never been able to figure out how to use that 'Format string' feature myself -...
  13. B

The easiest way would probably be to do this via jQuery. E.g. Use the jQuery after() function to insert text (or html) after the input. Insert this line in the requirejs(['fab/fabrik'], function () in the form_#.js file... jQuery("input#tablename___element_name").after(" Kilometers"); You...
  14. B

lockrow - what is is it?

Thanks Hugh. My original problem was I couldn't get it installed. Forgot about 'Discover', Duh. I now have it installed on a test list but haven't yet got around to testing per your instructions. It's late - I need to 'sleep on' what I might use it for.;)
  15. B

lockrow - what is is it?

In 'Latest Commits' I see changes to the "lockrow" plugin. I never heard of it before. But my guess is it's something I might be able to use in my project. Where can I find some info on what it does and how it works? Anyhow, it doesn't show up anywhere on the backend in Joomla on my server -...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back