• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[Solved] CascadingDropDown & Calc elements not rendering in Frontend

automill

Hi,

The CascadingDropDown & Calc elements are not rendering (ajax not working) in frontend when I use them as a registered user. When I make the access public from menu item it renders correctly. I always keep the list access as public for addtion, view, deletion etc. Also tried as registered access to the list for addtion etc. but did not get the results.

However, from backend these both render correctly (possiblely registered menu is not used here in backend).

I have tested it with Fabrik 3.5.1 + Joomla 3.6.5 and also on Fabrik 3.6 + Joomla 3.7, both combinations throw same results i.e. no rendering when access through registered menu item.

Not seen any thread regarding this or am I missing something.

Regards,
Sunit

Last edited:
I have updated the details in mysites.

The problem of CascadingDropDown detected in menu item:

Certifications - > Add certifications

When I add client using database join element, the CascadingDropDown should render the value/label of projects. It is working in backend, but not in frontend when I use menu as registered. It is OK when used as public.

Regards,
Sunit

The AJAX call to load the CDD is returning a '403 - you are not authorized to view this resource".

So there's some ACL somewhere that is blocking registered users on the front end.

-- hugh

I found out the problem.

I kept my site access as registered for all menu items. (That is no problem).

I kept the default page as Login menu item (That is no problem).

But I kept this Login page access as guest. (here, the problem starts). By login into this page which is guest page, the Joomla ACL does not work here in my case. but dont know how joomla ACL defines the login through guest page.

I applied the solution in my case:

1- Change Login page as public, It is still default page.

2- Hide Login button from Link Type -> Display in Menu -> No.

Thanks Hugh for your precious time.

Sunit

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back