CSV file upload Overwrite or Drop function Not Working

koelslaw

I am not sure if I have found a bug or I am doing it wrong. Export works perfectly. The import however always result in a new entry into the list instead of overwriting it. I choose the overwrite(preferred) or drop (not preferred), neither work. Joomla version 3.8.8 and Fabrik 3.8.1.

I have tried various combinations of export and import setting that are configurable in the CSV option for the list and that are part of the import page. I am thinking something else is up as the drop function on the upload page is not work either.

If I am just doing it wrong I would be more than happy to contribute a video showing the right way of doing it!

Thanks for your help! Awesome, Awesome product!

so i was fiddling around in the importcsv.php

i changed
if($overWrite == '')
to
if($overWrite != '')

and it worked. I am not sure how the JS stuff plays into this but apparently it is not recognizing the overwrite/drop flags from the UI. If i need submit an issue through git i can.

Are you using a menu item to load the list page, and if so, do you have the "Overwrite List Data" (under the "Fabrik List Options" in the menu item) set to "No"?

The way it currently works is that if you are using a menu item, the menu item setting for that option takes priority, so it doesn't matter what the user selects in the UI options. We should probably treat the menu item setting as a default, rather than have it override the UI setting. I may look at fixing that.

-- hugh

No, I'm talking about the UI you get when doing an import from the list view, where it asks if you want to overwrite or not.

Are you sure you are including the PK element in your import?

I tested by exporting (with raw data), the re-importing the same CSV, and it overwrites fine.

-- hugh

Same issue, but resolved when using ID as PK.
However, another related issue: I have 14 elements, including ID and date_time, but when exporting CSV the last 2 elements are not included in the file. Also, anyway to avoid duplicated columns in that export csv file (element + element_raw)?
Tks!

You select which data (raw and non-raw) to export in the list's CSV settings (or in the user dialog).

What do you have selected for "Which Elements" in the list's CSV settings?

-- hugh

Tks for the quick answer!
Simple fix re. raw data.
As for "Which Elements", I selected "All". I gave it another try a moment ago and got same results, ie missing last 2 elements in csv file.
I also tried to manually add all the 14 elements under "Elements" (List, Publishing, CSV) but still missing in the csv output (missing last 2).

Last edited:
All elements are fields (except date_time and id).
I mentioned that 2 elements were not showing up, but one of them is Unpublished, so there's really only one that is not showing up.

Have you changed the "include in list query" settings for the element, under the element's "List Settings"?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back