Element ordering does not work

vinia

Hi.

Need help on element positions in a form. I have set element order according to element ID in the backend. But when I view the form, the elements seem to ignore the ordering I set in the backend. Does not follow the order by element ID.

Thanks,

Vinia

The ID ordering of your element list is not relevant. You must use the "Order" column.
Click to activate, then you can drag and drop the elements into the order you need by "grapping" the 3 dots.
upload_2017-1-22_10-53-40.png

Thank you, Troester. I was hoping there was an easier way since I have about 50 elements. But thanks for taking the time to reply to this post. :)

Cheers,

Vinia

If you have so many elements may be different groups would be useful (but keep in mind that element ordering is always only inside their group).
With different groups you can e.g. use the bootstrap_tabs template.

I've been reading numerous posts on this same issue, but just can't find the solution, yet.
I have 5 different lists with one group each. Each list has 14 elements, so when looking at the Elements list, there are 70 elements. When I change the Ordering of one element, it looks ok on that screen, but when I get out and come back to it, it is not at the spot I put it last. Worst, it also randomly changes the Ordering of some of the other elements.
Anyone can point me in the right direction?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back