• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Validation on access by user filed

k0d1

I make in the backend a form with a databasejoin filed width "Form (edit)" access using "Special" and "user filed" access using "user id" to allow edit options only for owner of the record. I set also not empty validation.
On the frontend if I submit the form with the empy filed so I see the validation error but the filed in the readonly (not editable) state.
When I change "Form (edit)" access to "Registered " the validation stated form become appropriate and the filed become editable.
It seams that the form in validation state don't recognize correctly the access rights based on user fileld.
How to fix it?

Hmmm, sounds like a bug in the re-display of the form after the validation failure. I'll set up a test case and fix it in the next day or so. I just got back from a long road trip, so it'll take me a few days to catch up. Bump this thread if you haven't heard from me within 2 days.

-- hugh

Hmmm, sounds like a bug in the re-display of the form after the validation failure. I'll set up a test case and fix it in the next day or so. I just got back from a long road trip, so it'll take me a few days to catch up. Bump this thread if you haven't heard from me within 2 days.

-- hugh
Dear Hugh!
I bumped this thread because I haven't heard from me within 2 days. I miss your advice very much!

I don't seem to be able to replicate this one. I have a join and a user element, I set the join with edit ACL "Super Users" and "user field" (as per your description) and a "not empty". I can set the join to no selection, submit, and it still allows me to edit after the validation fail.

Are there any other ACLs in play? Like, maybe on the user element? Any other form plugins?

If the form is in any way complex, can you try creating a really simple test form, with just id, join and user, see if you can replicate the same results with that?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back