syntax error, unexpected '*'

ahmedo

This drives me up the wall. It has been awhile. I hope you are all safe.

I am not sure how it happened, and what is the reason for this error. Everything was working nicely until I started seeing this error.

I try to add a product to a table I get this error.
syntax error, unexpected '*'

However, when I edit a record, which uses the same form, I am able to edit the record and change and save its content.

When I try to browse the table using phpMyAdmin, it shows that it has 0 records. How it hat possible when I can list them both in my frontend and in the back end of Joomla.

I do have some calculations in the table, but I have exactly the same in another table and it works. Besides, when I edit the record, I run the same calculation and it works too.

Thank you.

When I try to browse the table using phpMyAdmin, it shows that it has 0 records. How it hat possible when I can list them both in my frontend and in the back end of Joomla.
Check your Fabrik connection if Fabrik is really using the database you are expecting.

Disable/remove your calculations and enable/add one by one to find the culprit.
Enable Joomla debug to get the stack.

Thanks for the reply. i
regarding the connection, I was looking at the wrong database in my phpmyadmin. Now I see my the table records in phpmyadmin.
When I unpublish all of my calc fields, I manage to add a record (at least I managed to see the form).
The Joomla Debug did not work when the error is still there (before I unpublished my calc fields.

Thank you very much. It is a great tool, I only wish there are comprehensive tutorials for it even if paid.

Check on places where have you used an asterisk in any of your custom code...
Maybe some of your calc fields contain code that gets included which gives the syntax error.

Usually the asterisk is used in database queries SELECTs - so search in areas where you might have type manual db queries.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back