• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Icon usage (validation, add/delete in list) usage

bggann

Okay - way too many hours into this.
When using protostar I get the default icons - such as the "eye" for required fields. I can change that icon on a field by field basis by changing the text in the validation icon field and the names "roughly" correspond to the J3.x standard icons (not all work).
https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Joomla_Standard_Icomoon_Fonts
-> I don't really like the eye and would like to globally change it, but it appears I have to change each element. SOMEWHERE, SOMEBODY is telling it to use the eye - any pointers?

It gets worse.
But - I don't want to use protostar - I want to use another template (wright for example) when I display in that template, _some_ of my icons go way. Wright uses font-awsome

When I use wright:
- Validation: the "eye" disappears. I can recover it by editing the icon field to explicitly say "eye" (or a few others). But again - I don't want to have to manually edit every validated field.
- The "delete" icon in list displays goes away.

I've see a few posts about how to add the joomla icon set to another template - but they are too terse. They say add icomoon.css to my template (where! - I put it in templates/js_wright/css), I've done so - but no joy.

So, two problems
-> how can I get the 'default' icons back for template that uses something like fontawsome
-> How can I change the default icon for validation

Note: I do know how to control the icon's size and color in custom_css.php

I'd like to document this in the wiki - if I can figure out how.

Thanks troester.
Some of this I knew.
For instance, I can go in and change the icon individually in every validation plugin I've applied and it works. I can apply 'eye' and get the default 'eye' back.
However, I don't want to customize each element individually - horrendously bad code support process. I want to change the default (as well as make it actually work in wright which is a js template.
'
The default icons for validations are set in the plugins
View attachment 19159
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/validation-plugins/#validation-icons

I think this might work. I;'m not sure the difference between the two items you refer to here. One relates to getting a new thing from github - not clear if this is included in current released Joomla - but I'll look.
For Bootstrap3/4 or uikit Joomla templates add
https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

This seems to refer to how I might customize each element - again a lot of work, but I'll look.
See http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/prerequisites/#fabrik-3-4-2

Approaching this 2 ways.
1) get default icons to work in wright (https://wright.joomlashack.com/)
2) change the default from eyeball to something like star (and red)

I can achieve 2 on an individual basis by adding "star" to the validation icon for each validated element and creating a custom_css.php in bootstrap_tabs (which is what I'm using).
But it means I need to touch every element. I have ~140 elements - many of which have validation - and I'm not excited about touching each one.

I'll look at the frameworks above and see if I can see how to modify the default icon for an element (for instance for validation "not empty" for a field element) - as discussed in Jlayouts http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/jlayouts/

If I'm way off here - please let me know.

- note - for some reason I'm not getting emails about replies to forum posts.

If I figure this out, I'll reply here and maybe update the wiki if appropriate.

-bob

I really appreciate the pointers troester, but....
it did not work.

For Bootstrap3/4 or uikit Joomla templates add
https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

I put the files from bootstrap3 in Git hub into

/templates/js_wright/html/layouts/com_fabrik
- which I did have to create per the readme
BTW - js_wright is bootstrap.
I changed the purity_iii to js_wright
Didn't work
- My groups no longer honor the "columns" setting - they show 1 column rather than 3 (or 4 in one case)
- My repeated groups Add/Delete icons are gone (just thin red/green boxes with no icon)
- The validation icon is not shown - even for fields where I specified it - much less the 'default' ones.

Am I being stupid or is this not applicable?

Note: The fact that this refers to purity_iii and Joomla now ships with protostar, which does not have these folders and works fine - makes me think this is out of date.

Now looking at Jlayouts which is referred to on the pre-req page....

It may be faster for me to edit every element manually - but what a friggin support nightmare if I need to change it due to customer input.

index.php
This means in the Joomla plugin settings (Manage/Plugins), so ALL notEmpty validations which didn't set an individual icon will get it.

js_wright is bootstrap
Bootstrap2 ? 3? 4?
The alt-layouts are for Bootstrap3.
I assume for Bootstrap4 it needs some tweaking, e.g. custom CSS
.row-fluid {display:flex;}
.fabrikGroup:not(.form-horizontal) label.fabrikLabel {float: none;}
is doing on my site for multi column groups

Last edited:
Oh cheeze - I never even looked there. I'm not used to seeing options in plugins. Yes, some have them, but rarely. So when you were talking about the validation icon I was thinking in the element/validation tab.
Changing it in the plugin changed it immediately in the forms - globally. I see some of the other validation plugins have icon settings.

Do you know if this is in the wiki - if not I'll add it.

I still have the problem with getting 'default' icon to show up in js_wright. I've submitted a support requst with joomlashack on that. They say "bootstrap" but don't specify the generation.

- thanks!

I'm closer
I added iconmoon.css (that is normally in medi/jui/css) to the 'css' directory of js_wright - and modified the paths in it to point at /media/jui/fonts
ie, what was:
CSS:
@font-face {
   font-family: 'IcoMoon';
   src: url('../fonts/IcoMoon.eot');
   src: url('../fonts/IcoMoon.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
      url('../fonts/IcoMoon.svg#IcoMoon') format('svg'),
      url('../fonts/IcoMoon.woff') format('woff'),
      url('../fonts/IcoMoon.ttf') format('truetype');
   font-weight: normal;
   font-style: normal;
}
became
CSS:
@font-face {
   font-family: 'IcoMoon';
   src: url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.eot');
   src: url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
      url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.svg#IcoMoon') format('svg'),
      url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.woff') format('woff'),
      url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.ttf') format('truetype');
   font-weight: normal;
   font-style: normal;
}
Now the icons work - but the ? for hover tips does not. Sigh. That looks to be a file, not an icon, maybe, but stepping through Fabrik code it seems like it should find that file, but does not.
I have to have some indication of a hover tip....

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back