• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[Solved] URL Filter: = works, but <> fails

pastvne

Bruce Decker
Hi All:
I have the following URL List filter that works:
Code:
?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=10&csp_document_control___division_code=Warehouse&resetfilters=1&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0

But when I make this simple change:
Code:
?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=10&csp_document_control___division_code<>Warehouse&resetfilters=1&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0

It does not work and returns zero records even through there are many records.
If I do the same query with advanced search, it returns results

It's probably something obvious but I'm not seeing it.
the division_code element is a database join but I'd expect that if the = works, that the <> should also work.

I don't think "not equal" works for URL-filtering. At least I cannot see this documented anywhere and it doesn't also work for me when tested.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can use the filter other way around and add comma separated values like:
&tablename___whatever[condition]=IN&tablename___whatever[value]=1,2,3

Or have a link to another menu item where you have "not equals" pre-filter applied.

Of course, so simple. Sometimes I want to pound my head on the desk for missing what is obviously right there before my eyes in the wiki. Instead, I went to the forums and landed on this old article:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/url-query-to-exclude-values.50026/

Where it indicates that <> should work in place of =.

If I had wiki edit privileges, I'd add an example of this to the filtering-via-the-url that covers this just for those who are oblivious as I can sometimes be!

I will note however that if you want to use <> in a URL link, it should be URL encoded like this:

Code:
&tablename___whatever[condition]=%3C%3E&tablename___whatever[value]=abc

So the < becomes %3C and the > becomes %3E as URL encoded representations of those characters.

Troester, Troester, Troester... What would we mortals do without you! Thank you very once once again!

According to RFC 3986 neither < nor > is a reserved character so the percent encoding should not be necessary:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-2.2
I found that I could enter it directly into the URL bar but there were difficulties if I attempted to build the URL into a hyperlink such as within the definition of a Joomla menu item. Using the encoding seemed to do the trick. So I think it was an issue, at least for me, in the definition of the hyperlink and not an issue at the browser level itself.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back