• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Strange behaviour Date element

Hi,

I think this one is something easy but cannot find a sollution.

In a form what is used to make a clients report we use a date element. This element we use to give the date on what day the report is created.

date selector 1.png

When clicking on the blue button a small calendar is opening. When hovering over the dates its showing the correct dates and days.

date selector 2.png

But when we click the todays date (today 3 may) then something odd is happening. Its changing the date to some date in history a long time ago. I have tested this a lot of time now and the strange part is, when i choose a date from a few days ago or some weeks ago everything is working allright. In 1 or 2 times out of ten it gives a wrong date after clicking. But clicking today is giving a wrong date almost everytime on this page. Then after refreshing the page sometimes its working okay.. and sometimes it gives a wrong date.

date selector 3.png

Can someone explain to me what is happening, why it is happening and most important how can i solve this??????????

Because 10-11-2008 for todays date.. is pretty strange.

I hope i miss something easy!!

Regards Jap

What did you set as form date format?

Did you unintentionally mix the old date element (this one) and new jdate element (created as default date_time in new lists as long as you don't select "Default(old date)" in Content Type) in the same form?

uhm I dont think i have used jdate in the same form since this form is older and not touched by me to change anything on it. How can I see if both are present? Sorry sounds stupid but i am not sure where to look.

Screenshot_241.png

Just check your form element list "plugin" column. There you can see whether you have both "date" and "jdate" elements on the same form.

Is it only in this form?
The same in frontend and backend?
Do you have any (custom) JS running for this form?
Which Joomla and Fabrik template? Did you try with Joomla's standard Protostar template?

I remember I had similar problem years ago, but I think it was related to setting the date value with javascript. For some reason it showed correctly in form, but actually returned wrong value.

Is it a "clean" element, so it value is not set by javascript or default value set to something in date element settings?

The only setting what is active is a validate setting what is set to not empty.

At the rest its just a default date picker.

The strange thing is. we have more date elements on the website with exact the same settings with no problems.. only this one is causing problems when choosing today's date..

So i dont know where to start solving this issue.

Did you check the database table (using phpmyadmin)?
Maybe for some odd reason, the datatype is not 'date'?

If the problem is not the one referred by @henk and if all other date elements work, then it might be a "broken/corrupted" element. I've came across to this kind of problems a few times in a past. Renaming old element, creating a new one and updating it's values from the old one in PhpMyAdmin just takes a minute or two.

Check also if you have some forgotten form_X.js (X=your form ID) in components\com_fabrik\js

Ok i have checked everything. I cannot find a reason why. Someone told me it was happening because the date element must converse the usa time to dutch time... but I dont know.

Then, i activated the setting default to current date. So the date of today is showing and if desired people can choose another date.

That did the trick.. since todays date is showing and other dates did show correctly allready.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back