Strange behaviour with image element when select in form

pwouda

Joomla and Fabrik fan
Hi there,

I have an image element where people can select an image with the folder-tree. Once selected and saved, the image only apears for less then a second if I edit that record again. Javascript is setting the src-value of the img-element I guess to a default image. Only the (correct) alt-tag apears.
In the image-element I put "/images/publicaties/" in the "image" parameter under "details / render an image" as being the default folder for the images. This folder existst and has images and subfolders.

Regards,
Peter

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-04-26 103159.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2021-04-26 103159.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 68
Does it work with Joomla Protostar and default Fabrik bootstrap form template?

Any js-errors in browser console?

Hi Juuser,

Same problem in Protostar and default Fabrik bootstrap form template. Not only in the frontend but als same problem when editing in the backend.

There are nog js-errors in the browser console. Tested in both Firefox and Google Chrome (latest versions)

Which PHP version?

I would also check is there a same problem with other fileupload elements as I have seen a "broken" Fabrik element in the past.

I've also seen "broken" installations with some corrupt files, so updating from GitHub might help if that's the case.

If same behavior occurs with all the fileuload elements and with Protostar and default form template, it is very likely that it's some Joomla extension that is interfering.
I would try to disable third-party plugins one by one (starting with system plugins) and see if the problem disappears.

And of course it would be a good idea to make notes which plugins were enabled before starting to disable them :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. My PHP version is 7.3.27

I have downloaded the Fabrik-version 3 weeks ago, on a new Joomla-installation. Last week I downloaded the Github version, without result.

The problem is not the uploading. As long as I do not edit the record with the image, there is no problem. When I edit the record (in frontend or backend) the current value of the image is only shown for a second, then there is a javascript that overrides the src-attribute of the img-element. Just opening and saving the record is corrupting the previous selected image. So every time I edit a record, I need to select the image in the folder-tree.

I could give you the credentials of my website so you can see for yourself what the problem is.

Regards,
Peter

OK, then the PHP-version is fine.

I think you should first make the "plugin disable" test as I don't think anyone could find out the cause just by quickly checking your site. The same thing would need to be done anyway.

Hi,

The disabeling of plugins did not work, so at the end I installed a complete clean joomla-version (downloaded from Joomla.org) and installed Fabrik on it. Even then the image-plugin did not work. It has the same behaviour as described before: I can select an image in the folder-tree and save it, but when I re-edit the record, the input-value for the image is overwritten by some javascript code.

Regards,
Peter

Hi, if you can send your site's login credentials in this forum's private conversation (inbox), I might find some time to take a look.

Thank you. I have a clean Joomla site with only Fabrik installed. I will send the login credetials.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back