• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. Jaanus

Can we change list plugin buttons location?

The headings part in list view seems to be very hardcoded - I couldn't find out how could I move the list plugin buttons from the rightest column to another place, i.e. near group by, pdf, csv buttons or perhaps inside a possible additional <tr></tr> inside <thead>. If we still can do it somehow...
  2. Jaanus

Cross references within one table?

Hi all, does anyone have an idea how to achieve this (if it's possible at all with Fabrik): Let's say I have a table for facts, terms (etc) named facts (id, fact, description) and a list for it. When writing or editing a fact I want sometimes to add one or many references to other fact(s). But...
  3. Jaanus

Google calendar related Fabrik features after 18.11.2015?

Google announced that the Google Calendar XML feeds will not be available since November 18. I think this will have impact to Fabrik users because as I know, at least Google calendar cron plugin is using exactly gcalendar xml. Am I right? And if yes, should we then expect any code changes or...
  4. Jaanus

Enable big selects error

I had "Enable big selects" on. After my host upgraded MySQL from 5.5 to 5.6, I saw an error message You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1' at line 1 SQL=SET OPTION...
  5. Jaanus

False alert "We are unable to find this record" in details view

We are unable to find this record This error message (raised in models/form.php line 3229) appears in the header of details view when there are displayed also some lists using content plugin (one msg per list view). The lists have some restrictions set both in prefilters (included using...
  6. Jaanus

Element javascript sometimes not running in details

As in form view all js set to elements works well, it happens that in details view js just don't run - even if the element is published, visible in html and no conflicts. As Rob asked I post here an excerpt of one conversation so the issue could be better tracked. ---------------- is...
  7. Jaanus

Element javascript doesn't work onload in details view when element not shown

When I set elements (usually yesno) to hide other elements or whole groups using javascript feature then in details view it works only when this element is shown. In example I create a special group named "Setting" and there I have some yesnos that I use to hide or show one or another...
  8. Jaanus

List php plugin - query execution fails

I am intended to add one little feature to a list using list php plugin but failed so far. I have two lists - one of them shows blog post drafts from another database (used by my Wordpress blog) and second is related to it, containing comments and suggestions for blog post drafts. Details...
  9. Jaanus

Bug in navigation between paginated admin tables

When I am in list admin table and want to go to the other page, then I receive an error message - it says that table 'prefix__lists' doesn't exist. And query follows where 'fabrik' is really stripped out from table name in query. But clicking on the browser's back button gives me the expected...
  10. Jaanus

fileupload: open_basedir restriction error

Is something wrong with fileupload or with whatever my settings? Files are uploaded, downloadable and so on, everything works but: Warning: is_file() [function.is-file0]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/path/to/file.pdf) is not within the allowed path(s)...
  11. Jaanus

One list + two menu items with different preflter set = one normal and one blank page

I have one list displayed under two menu items. Both menu items have different prefilter sets. Under one of them the list is displayed normally and prefiltered as expected. But clicking on the second one the result is blank page. Without any php error (error displaying set to max). Using...
  12. Jaanus

Upgrading J2.5/F3.0 to J3/F3.1 - CDD-s need re-edit

Is there some differences between param names in cascadingdropdown element for F3.0 and F.3.1? I made a copy of my testsite that is originally J2.5/F3.0. Installed J3.1.1 using the same database (just another table prefix) and then copied all data from F3.0 tables #__fabrik (fabrik_lists etc)...
  13. Jaanus

Data from mysql view not rendered in repeat group

If a list is created on mysql view then we can see its data both in list and form/details. But if this data is joined data then we can see it only in list view, not in form/details (not even in readonly mode). Although when looking at the query in fabrikdebug and running it in phpmyadmin then...
  14. Jaanus

Packages: what should we see & get?

Today I tried first time to use packages feature. To see whether I can replicate on my site the issue that another user reported (see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/cascadingdropdown-stopped-to-work.33915/ ) and to see at the same time how exactly the packages feature works. OK...
  15. Jaanus

[Error 500] when trying to create new element

When I click + button to add a new element: HTTP error 500 (Internal Server Error) When I try to edit an existing element (Joomla debug is on): Call stack # Function Location 1 JAdministrator->dispatch() /home/.../administrator/index.php:46 2 JError::raiseError()...
  16. Jaanus

Adding / modifying data in list displayed with content plugin

Hi, Can anyone replicate this? When I have a list displayed with content plugin (in form outro) then after new data is added there I am redirected to just a list view with only the related data columns! Actually I should be redirected back to this form/details view instead, isn't it? See...
  17. Jaanus

Databasejoin add new option's behaviour not accurate in repeated group

Opened this issue also in github: https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/583 This issue occurs when - a databasejoin element with add new option button is in repeated group AND - we are editing an existing record If we want to add new row to the repeated group and add there also a new...
  18. Jaanus

Invalid argument warning with related data links

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/,,,/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 1507 Appears where related data links are used, both in list and form/details :(
  19. Jaanus

Bug: databasejoin as checkboxes submits data "conditionally" + popup error message

Hi, here I will continue this thread: http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29012 as the issues are almost same (and equally frustrating) but still different. Talking about 1) databasejoin rendered as checkboxes 2) popup forms (e.g when adding new option to dbjoin element) In unknown...
  20. Jaanus

Collation - where Fabrik gets it from? No needed collation in options

This is actually a good feature - setting collation from list admin - but there is no collation that I use (utf8_estonian_ci). This collation is set to my tables but should I make changes to the list it will replaced by new one (some chinese by default). Thanls God the field collations are...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back