• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. pastvne

Form Success Message Default not overridden

I have a form where I have set the success message to a value, and suppress = no. The default "Record added/updated" is still showing when saving a record. I'd actually prefer to set the success message from a Form Plugin in PHP based. I'm using Ganty Hydrogen. Questions: 1) What feature rich...
  2. pastvne

J4 and the JUserHelper::removeUserFromGroup method

I realize this is really a Joomla question but I've, so far, been unable to get an answer on Joomla's doc site or forums. I have some eval code that was working in J3: $cspResult = JUserHelper::removeUserFromGroup($thisUserId, $thisGroupId); And I see this Fabrik 3 forum post from Troester...
  3. pastvne

Menu Prefilter: date format unknown for {$my->id} replacing with today's date

Hi All, I'm on Fabrik 4.0 standard. I am migrating a site from J3. Most things are working but noticed that I have a menu that points at a list with the following Prefilter defined within the menu (not the list). - OR Element=Subscriber ID(raw) Condition=EQUALS Value {$my->id} When I have this...
  4. pastvne

Menu Prefilter: date format unknown for {$my->id} replacing with today's date

Hi All, I'm on Fabrik 4.0 standard. I am migrating a site from J3. Most things are working but noticed that I have a menu that points at a list with the following Prefilter defined within the menu (not the list). - OR Element=Subscriber ID(raw) Condition=EQUALS Value {$my->id} When I have this...
  5. pastvne

Code Submission > element > databasejoin.php deprecation 2262

Here is a submission of a revision to databasejoin.php (database element plugin) Line 2262, was throwing a deprecation warning.
  6. pastvne

Code Submission > caneditrow.php

Here is a change I made to caneditrow.php plugin to fix str_replace deprecation warnings on line 114
  7. pastvne

CDD > code submission

There was a typo in the CDD plugin code that was throwing me off. When eval code caught an exception, the error message referred to the plugin as CCD rather the CDD. It also didn't provide much in the error message to know which element was generating the error. I made the fix to the type and...
  8. pastvne

Gantry Hydrogen > Okay to test with

Hi All, I upgraded by Gantry Hydrogen theme and tested. Most everything works well except: 1) File upload element plug-in the image thumb displays X instead of thumb 2) Radio Buttons are not showing emphasis of which is selected. When you click, you get the emphasis but loading a record, you...
  9. pastvne

CDD > Advanced > Eval Options code using $data or $formModel

Porting and testing code from 3x to 4x and running into an issue on a CDD eval options PHP code set. In 3.x I was able to (but probably should not have) done this: $divisionCode = $data['csp_document_control___division_code_raw']; It now seems that when I var_dump($data), it is null in this...
  10. pastvne

caneditrow.php fixed deprecated warning messages

I noticed a lot of deprecated messages as I was debugging some other issue and hacked in a fix to the caneditrow.php script for the can edit row list plugin. Not sure if this is the best way to contribute code or if my approach is sound. But, passing along in case it is useful.
  11. pastvne

candeleterow.php fixed deprecation warnings

I noticed a lot of deprecated messages as I was debugging some other issue and hacked in a fix to the candeleterow.php script for the can edit row list plugin. Not sure if this is the best way to contribute code or if my approach is sound. But, passing along in case it is useful.
  12. pastvne

Cascading Dropdown - not populating

I have a cascading dropdown field that works on F3 but fails on F4 Gamma 1 Plug-in=cascadingdropdown Group=Subscriptions Options hidden=no Eval=<blank> Default=<blank> Data Render as=Dropdown Connection=Site Database List=Document_types Id=id [Recommended] Label=Document ID CONCAT...
  13. pastvne

J4 method to get user info

Hi All, I had some eval code that was trying to load the current logged in user object. The tip in the F4 upgrade directions here: https://github.com/joomlahenk/fabrik/wiki/Upgrading-from-fabrik3.10-to-fabrik4 Include the following tip: "...or calling it directly in you code such as $user =...
  14. pastvne

Report errors, not warnings?

I'm testing and see a lot of 'deprecated' warnings. Should these be ignored for now? I saw no guidance in tester directions indicating level of severity for reporting issues.
  15. pastvne

PHP Events Plugin - Needed

I'm into the migration and testing of my App. I use and depend on the PHP Events plugin. I see in the package download that we do not yet have this plugin for J4. Registering the need here and, if there is no current effort to port it, I may try to give it a whirl.
  16. pastvne

j4upgrade script -- error correction

Hi All, just getting back to testing. The upgrade wiki page here: https://github.com/joomlahenk/fabrik/wiki/Upgrading-from-fabrik3.10-to-fabrik4 References this helper script to list out eval code that might need attention for the upgrade...
  17. pastvne

[SOLVED] Joining table then primary list shows records only if record in joined table exists

Hi All: I have a primary list I populate it with a public data source ( a CSV list of airports) Details about the airports change over time so we need to be able to clear the primary table and re-load it periodically. I'm allowing the standard 'id' column produced by fabrik with auto-increment...
  18. pastvne

[solved] User's Authorized viewlevels in prefilter

Alright gang, here's another one for the wiki. It just amazes me how flexible fabrik is and how simple it can be to do such complex things. It is such as well-conceived system and I just love working with it. On to the trick. I have a table where an element holds the view level. The idea is...
  19. pastvne

[Solved] URL Filter: = works, but <> fails

Hi All: I have the following URL List filter that works: ?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=10&csp_document_control___division_code=Warehouse&resetfilters=1&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0 But when I make this simple change...
  20. pastvne

MySQL Filter Index Missing for Element

Hi All: I have an element that is type field. When I originally created it, I did not think I would need to filter based upon it so I never defined a filter in the element properties. Later, I realized I would like to have a filter for it of a text type I added the filter specification to the...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back