Search results

1. B

PHP 7 delete row failure w/dbjoin repeats

The onDeleteRows function in datbasejoin.php is not working in php7 - because a variable is being used for an object name without putting it in brackets{}. i.e. $row->$fulName needs to be $row->{$fulName} in php 7. A pull request with a fix, or revamp of that code, is ready to go - I...
  2. B

lockrow - what is is it?

In 'Latest Commits' I see changes to the "lockrow" plugin. I never heard of it before. But my guess is it's something I might be able to use in my project. Where can I find some info on what it does and how it works? Anyhow, it doesn't show up anywhere on the backend in Joomla on my server -...
  3. B

PHP 7.2 fatal errors

Just an FYI in regards to some issues I ran into after updating to PHP7.2 over the weekend. The PHP function 'create_function' is deprecated in PHP 7.2. The following files in the Fabrik github zip reference this function - which causes a fatal error if running php v7.2...
  4. B

Repeat group Ajax validations not run on added repeats

The 'blur' and 'change' event listeners are not included in the DOM for added repeat group elements that have validations assigned to them. I'm pretty sure this issue has been around for a while and I have tried to address it before - but I can't find the thread. Anyhow, should it be noted in...
  5. B

Problems with repeat groups rendered as table

I was experimenting this weekend with repeat groups. I found a few major problems with repeat groups rendered as as table. Tips are not shown - not even the Tip question mark and Validation star icon indicators in the label that are shown when the repeats are rendered as a UL. I think that the...
  6. B

User javascript

I've often wondered why there is no option to include a universal user javascript file with Fabrik. (Or is there, and I'm missing something?) It's great that there is an option to include javascript for any list, form, or detail view - but there are many times where I find myself creating...
  7. B

Validations being done when they don't need to be

It's been almost 2 years since I put in this pull request to fix bugs in form.php regarding when elements get validated. Is there a reason why this issue has been ignored? https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/pull/1698 It's a simple change - a matter of changing 2 lines and moving a closing...
  8. B

List CSV Import problems

I had been using the CSV import'/export list plugin on 7 lists - but the import no longer works. I'm getting an error message "Import Failed! Invalid file format..." Looking at the code (line 200 of importcsv.php) I see this returns an empty string - which causes the error. $allowedlist =...
  9. B

Validations issues

I have list that has a joined table with no repeats. When I edit the form, the configuration settings in the validation (at least for a 'field' or textarea' element ) are being ignored. If 'On' is set to 'New', the validation is run even if it is an edit (not 'New'). The 'Condition' is being...
  10. B

$data array does not contain radiobutton non-raw (label) values.

Suddenly - since the last time I updated from github - last week - the $data array that is available to the php form plugin when the form is submitted no longer contains the labels for radiobuttons. E.g. I have a radiobutton on an element named fb_generate___survey_style where one of the...
  11. B

Validation plugin ignores 'Condition'

I have a databasejoin dropdown element that is using the isnot validation plugin to check that the value is not zero. I had also set the form to 'Toggle Submit'. I only need that to occur when new - so I wrote some php code for the 'Condition' statement in the validation plugin so as to to...
  12. B

'Must Validate' always dims Save button

I'm using the 'Must Validate' option in the Validation Rules for 2 elemenst in a form - along with the 'Toggle Submit' option in the form configuration. One element is a dbj dropdown and the other is a simple 'field' element. I want to assure the dbj element option is selected (not 'Please...
  13. B

Calc element value changes to label in details view

I have a calc element that gets the raw value from a databasejoin element in the same group then uses that in a query to return the result as the calc value. The calc element is configured to 'Calc on load' and 'Use Ajax' (to check if/when the raw value in the databasejoin element changes in a...
  14. B

Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string

I'm getting this error quite a bit with the latest github update. fatal error 'Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string' at /home/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php 1859: This is happening because of a few calc elements I have that are being stored as JSON...
  15. B

Joomla 3.8.2

What's the word on Joomla 3.8.2? Is it OK to update?
  16. B

Bug fix for description in datbasejoin

I just put in a pull request to make 2 simple changes to the dbj element plugin and fix a long-standing bug. The problem was happening when the WHERE condition could also possibly change the number of options in the dropdown - i.e. when the AJAX update option was also being used - then the...
  17. B

Dynamic options in databasejoin

I have a datbasejoin element that uses the ajax feature to refresh the options based on a WHERE condition. I want to trigger an alert that notifies the user when the number of options in that databasejoin select dropdown list is empty (i.e. the query returned no results). But I need to wait for...
  18. B

Toggle Submit button - alternative code?

I've never been able to get the Toggle Submit form feature working correctly. (And it doesn't cover the 'Apply 'button.) First I should mention I'm using the latest versions of Fabrik and Joomla and php v.7.1.10 - with the standard bootstrap templates. I could never figure why - but whenever I...
  19. B

Ajax form element validation quirk

I have a form with 2 elements initially visible - a radio button (shown as a button group) and a dropdown select. (See attachment) In this case... The user changed the 'Hospital System?' radio button from the default 'Not a Hospital System' to 'Single Diversified Hospital System' - which then...
  20. B

Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings

I just started getting this fatal error in form.php - using php 7.1.3. (See attachment) Line 4900 is...$group->class[] = 'fabrikGroup'; the variable $group is initialized on line 4741 as... $group = $groupModel->getGroupProperties($this); which returns an object (that does not include [class])...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back