Search results

1. J

Calc where text with character problem

Hi Im using a calc to select values using a where statement to compare text values. This is working correctly other than when the text values contain characters (like & and '). Ive tried a few attempts to remove these characters from the statment however I can not solve the problem correctly...
  2. J

Calc instead of element jscript to hide/show

Hi Sorry if this is a basic question but I wanted to know if it makes sense to show/hide elements using calc (so it shows based on the value of another element, or shows nothing instead). This seems to work better than element javascript as it doesnt go throught the hide/show process. I have...
  3. J

Image upload and thumbnails

Hi and Seasons Greetings! I am using a file upload element for images, and have set it to create thumbs. This is all working fine. The main images are c.100kb and the thumbnail images are c.40kb. The thumbnails are used in list view, and in details view. In details view the thumbnail is...
  4. J

PHP list count

Hi I want to use php to insert a count of records from a list with a 'where' statement using a value from this list. I have done this in calc but I want to use php to store the values. I can do this fine when the count is using data from another table however I keep running into problems when...
  5. J

PHP onlist load concat

Hi I have been testing a search/filter field which is created by concat, using the php plugin onload. The fields are a regular text field ('factory_name') and a database join field ('country_retest'). The following code is sort of working: $myDb = JFactory::getDbo(); $myQuery =...
  6. J

Custom form validation message

Hi Im using some custom form templates which all seem to be working fine, however I have realised the error message that appears if a required field is not filled in is no longer showing. I guess this is something to do with the customising I have done but I cant work out how to get this...
  7. J

Content plugin behaviour

Hi Ive got a content plugin (for a list) on a details page and it all looks fine at first. However I have noticed a few problems: -when trying to naviate to the next page of the list (via next or a number button) it looks like it is loading but freezes. -if 'end' is chosen it shows the last...
  8. J

Edit field link

Hi I have a seperate edit form for a table, containing all the fields in the details view. This all works fine, no problems. What I want to try is a direct link from an element in details view to an edit form that only shows that field (and so only that can be edited). No other fields should...
  9. J

Custom edit form issue

Hi Ive customised some entry forms with template overrides using individual elements, all seem to be working fine. However I have tried the same with customising seperate edit forms I have, but I seem to have a problem with the changes not recording (they submit fine). The edit forms all work...
  10. J

DBjoin front end add auto set field.

Hi I have a form with a database join field. The dbjoin has 3 fields eg: ID Colour Factory I have front end add set so users can add to the table. However I want Factory to be set automatically based on a value that is already passed in to the form (and so I would have Factory as a hidden...
  11. J

Filter order when have list joins

Hi Ive got a list with a join, using various filters, all working fine. One element on the main list is a dbjoin from the other list and so the filter shows all the label values (and hence the FK value is the filter) - as expected. The field on the joined list is a text field where there are...
  12. J

Calc to image thumbs

Hi Ive been using a calc to return an image for a list from another list, this is all working fine. However I realised it should really be linking to the thumbnail image that is created. Using the code I currently have it returns the path eg: /images/item/**.jpg But I want it to return eg...
  13. J

dbjoin details view and filter values

Hi Sorry if Ive missed a simple solution but I have a db join used as an element in details view. This all works fine however I would like to use a different value for labels for details view and for the filter (different fields in the same table). Ive tried a few different settings but cant...
  14. J

Icons in dropdown options

Hi Is it possible to get icons into dropdown select box choices? Or maybe small images if not? The icons would depend on the values of the input (eg Yes has a tick, No has an x etc etc) Kind Regards
  15. J

Redirect after login

Hi Im not sure if this is a joomla setting or a fabrik setting but I have the following issue. Some Fabrik forms are accessed via a url link in custom details view. This goes to a hidden menu item (set to registered) and the form add access is also set to registered. This all seems to work...
  16. J

Decimals in calc display details view

Hi Ive used a calc element in details view to return an else/if value based on another element value. This is working fine. I have used a mixture of html and placeholders for this calc. It is displaying very nicely however I have realised the placeholder values (which are numbers) are not...
  17. J

Returning ids via php

Hi I wanted to return selected ids from another table to use as values in a URL 'IN' condition filter in the details view of another table - so the values returned are eg (5,11,16), which is then used as a placeholder for the url filter. I hope that makes sense. I can get the id values in...
  18. J

Default value of dropdown by query

Hi I want to set a default value of a dropdown element on a form that is set from a query on another table - where the query is using the value selected in another element on the form (this element chosen will be the PK in another table so should return a specific value). I have tried to set...
  19. J

Element Javascript

Hi Ive used a pre-defined action element javascript to show a hidden field depending on the value of another element. This is working fine. However, I need quite a long set of actions so I thought that I will need to write my own code (mainly to make use of OR operator) - however I can not...
  20. J

Calc element limits?

Hi I want to use a calc element to return a value that falls within a certain range, when that value is entered in another field: eg between 1 - 10 return A, between 11 - 20 return B etc etc. I have got IF/ELSE statements in the calc to do this. This is working very well but my question is, is...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back