• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. B

Fabrik 3.10 PHP8 form data no longer saving to database

Since updating Fabrik 3.10 from Github a few days ago so that we can use PHP 8.1, now when users submit a form, the data is no longer being saved in the database. The data they submitted IS being sent by email, so we are able manually enter the data, but NOT by editing the form data from the...
  2. B

Form processing without required fields filled PHP8

Since updating from Github for Fabrik 3.10 that works with PHP8 (about3 days ago) it seems that users are able to submit forms without completing certain required fields. Also, it seems that I no longer receive email notifications when there are responses to my forum posts, even though I have...
  3. B

Birthday element error PHP8

In an effort to get Fabrik to work with PHP8 I updated from Github and everything seems to be working great EXCEPT the Birthday element generates an error on form submission. The form data is saved in the database and all emails are processed. But the next screen is an error page: Unsupported...
  4. B

Confirmation form plugin strangeness with Re-edit

We are trying to use the Confirmation form plugin but are having some problems when clicking the Re-edit button on the confirm information page. 1. If the user clicks Re-edit, all files that were uploaded into the form using the File Upload element (Use Ajax upload = Yes) still show the file...
  5. B

Fileupload element - include files in only 1 email plugin message

We have a form that uses the Fileupload element. Under the "Options"tab there is the item "Email files" with a Yes or No option. If we choose Yes, then the uploaded files are included in all emails that we generate with the Email plugin for that form. Is there a way to include the uploaded...
  6. B

Fileupload element - Email files vs Show image in email

For the Fileupload element there are 2 places where it references email: 1. Under the "Options"tab there is the item "Email files" with a Yes or No option 2. Under the "Display" tab there is the item "Show image in email" with a Yes or No option The first one does in fact send uploaded files...
  7. B

Fileupload element Ajax uploads can't be deleted

I have seen a few threads about this but have yet to see a solution. When using Ajax Uploads for the Fileupload element, if a user clicks the X (delete) next to an uploaded file, it does not actually delete. It is still saved to the database and the deleted file is still included in the...
  8. B

If required item not complete on form edit, all data disappears

We have a bi-lingual form (one in English one in Japanese) that write to the same data table. When someone edits the form and fails to provide information for a required item and clicks the Submit button, they get the error message "Some items have not been properly filled in.", BUT, all data...
  9. B

SOLVED: Add new record but don't allow edit of certain elements

On our form we have some elements that we want registered users to be able to fill in the first time they submit the form but we don't want them to be able to edit those certain elements after initial submission. We thought that setting Access to those elements such that: Form (add) =...
  10. B

Force logout on page close

Is there a way to logout a user when they close a specific page that contains a Fabrik form? We have a terms of service form that the logged in user must click the I Agree radio button and then submit. But if they close the page without doing that, we want to automatically log them out.
  11. B

Community Builder substitutions messing up Fabrik validations

I added a Display field to a Fabrik form that is used to display data from Community Builder. The field shows the correct information, but something about the Community Builder substitutions syntax is causing problems for validation mechanism (validation = field not empty) when editing the form...
  12. B

File upload plugin language constants

I have searched and searched and cannot find where to translate the following items which show up under file upload: "Choose File" (button text) and "No file selected"
  13. B

Multi-language search issues/questions

My site is English and Japanese. I created forms and lists following the instructions on the Multilingual forms Wiki page and for all purposes everything is working well EXCEPT search. When I enable the Search All function on the lists and add elements to be included in the search, it only...
  14. B

Redirect On New

I have a form set to redirect to a specific page In Frontend On New and another page In Frontend On Edit. But it always simply returns to On Edit page, even if it is a first time submission. How does Fabrik determine what is New versus what is Edit, for the purpose of a redirect?
  15. B

Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

I have a form that, until recently, worked fine. Now, when filling out the form for the first time, the following error is generated: Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY' Fabrik and all plugins are version 3.9.2 Joomla is version 3.9.22 All lists associated with the form are set to Primary...
  16. B

Language constant to translate "Characters left" for text area

I need to make a translation override for the text "Characters left" that shows at the bottom of a character limited text area. Where is that language constant located? I have searched the Fabrik language files and searched the Joomla language files and I cannot find it anywhere.
  17. B

Truncate textarea not working for double-byte characters

My site is English and Japanese. I use the truncate function for a textarea in list view. It works for the English side but seems to have no effect for the Japanese characters. No matter what I set the truncate number to it always shows the entire text. I tried setting Retain HTML to Yes but...
  18. B

Language override not working

I have a language string that gets properly translated everywhere except in Fabrik list view. The language string is set in Joomla language overrides. I have also tried manually adding it to components/com_fabrik/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_fabrik.ini but it still does not work. I can verify that...
  19. B

Remove vote count from Thumbs plugin

Is there a way to remove the number from the thumbs plugin? I am using it as a way to create a favorites list for members and the vote count total is confusing.
  20. B

Link list plugin placeholder not working

I have created a link for a list using the Link List plugin. I want this link to go to the Community Builder profile for each item on the list. This is the text that I have put into the link text box...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back