Search results

1. bascherz

Possible Table Column Deletions During Element Trash Empty

Oh god I feel so completely stupid for not realizing this was happening. Makes me wonder now what else might have gotten deleted and what's going to work or not work once I bring the site back online. Thanks for setting me straight. Backups are current, but cleanup could be tricky.
  2. bascherz

Disable Group By in list view.

Thanks, troester. I might look into that, but it seems like a hack that might get undone with the next element addition to the list.
  3. bascherz

Possible Table Column Deletions During Element Trash Empty

I was emptying element trash just a little while ago and suddenly hundreds of users were complaining that the site was down. The amount of accumulated element trash was extremely high. I was just going through it trying to clean things up. Could this cause all but the id, name, and email...
  4. bascherz

Strange List Behavior for Droplist Element

I was directed to "get rid of the numbers", and to do that I tried making that element a databasejoin element. This worked great on my test site (a clone of the live site), but it would not work on my live site. I got the infamous MariaDB SQL error about there being no such column...
  5. bascherz

Disable Group By in list view.

OK, completely blocking the Group By button is easy enough. But is there a way to pick which elements are available for grouping? I see a "Include in advanced search" toggle, but no "Include in group by".
  6. bascherz

Strange List Behavior for Droplist Element

Not sure how long this has been happening, but it might be a new thing? One of my lists uses an element I defined as a droplist. The element's Advanced PHP code is pretty much verbatim from the example there. It does a JOIN query to produce an option list. This works perfectly in the form for...
  7. bascherz

Adding #__users to list join and publishing name field causes 500

It was lousyfool's recommendation to base the list primarily on #__users. I did have to start from scratch with that part of the list, but it did the job.
  8. bascherz

Hmm. Certainly easy enough to do. I'll give it a shot. Thanks! SURE ENOUGH! That did the trick. Had to completely redo the list, but it works now. Thanks, lousyfool!
  9. bascherz

Hey troester, the Joins are in the List definition under Data/Joins. There, I just select the table and elements. I don't type them in. So I don't know why this happens.
  10. bascherz

I have a list that has 3 inner joins: #__comprofiler to #__users on user_id=id #__comprofiler to #__zipcodes on cb_zip=zip #__zipcodes to #__district_names on district=id In all three cases above the column on the right is the primary key for that table. I need the name and email element...
  11. bascherz

How to UNION two queries to make a Fabrik list?

It needs to contain editable records, so a view won't cut it.
  12. bascherz

How to UNION two queries to make a Fabrik list?

Hi all, I have these two queries that, when issued like this in mysql, provide me the absolutely perfect result. select r.* from requests r join zipcodes z join district_names d on r.zip=z.zip and z.district=d.id where d.lead={$my->id} union select r.* from requests r join zipcodes z join...
  13. bascherz

Dropdown element of a joined list is not saving

Well, I finally figured out what was wrong with this. Turns out you have to set "Save to database" to "YES" for the primary key element of a list in order to save the writeable elements in that list/table presented in the form. That is so non-intuitive since the primary key is not a column in...
  14. bascherz

Dropdown Element In Adv Search - Values Missing

That did the trick! I had not even looked there, nor did I know about that option. Thanks, lousyfool! Of course, now that list takes a lot longer to load. Oh well...the customer is always right. o_O
  15. bascherz

Dropdown Element In Adv Search - Values Missing

My list uses a couple dropdown elements and my users rely heavily on the Advanced Search feature of the front end lists. The element query is correct because when editing a record all the available choices are there in the list (over 14,000 of them!). However, when using Advanced Search on the...
  16. bascherz

Finally got a backup of the site to play with and was able to change the data type of the dropdown element's column that won't update from int(11) to text. Made no difference at all. Here's the code for the dropdown. Doesn't get much simpler. $db = JFactory::getDbo(); $db->setQuery('SELECT id...
  17. bascherz

Yes. The field has PHP to fetch the value and label from another table. I can only assume the value is what gets saved, but I don't know the internals of Fabrik. I mean, why else would the "template" PHP be provided showing both the value and label if it doesn't save the value?
  18. bascherz

Heh, I didn't even know that Debug Plugin was there. I've always just enabled it in Global Configuration. That said, even with everything enabled (the default) none of that information has ever been helpful in tracking down an issue for me. But thanks for pointing this out. I configured it the...
  19. bascherz

It's a live site and typically has well over 500 users actively using it. I can't enable Joomla debug. Never tried Fabrik debug, though. Had to enable it. Then I quickly discovered it doesn't work with SEF URLs (unless /fabrikdebug/1 works or something). So I kicked-up the message level to...
  20. bascherz

Actually, zip in the #__zipcodes table is the primary key there. I changed the comprofiler join column to user_id. That made no difference. Still getting the error and still cannot save the record.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back