1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and (latin1_swedish_ci,NUMERIC)

thellie

It took me half the day to work out what was happening, so I wanted to post in case anyone else is having issues.

1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and (latin1_swedish_ci,NUMERIC)

I have been getting this error message recently, and couldn't work out why - I have forced query collation, I've changed the database collation, I searched for the erroneous latin1 field... even though there are no latin1 fields in the entire dbase.

Finally I tracked down the problem - in Fabrik list modules. Out of 9 modules, 2 had the same 'related menu item' selection, which differed from the other 7 modules.

I changed the selection and the issue is resolved.

Happy holidays! :)

Thanks for reporting.
Maybe it was not "changing the selection" but just "saving the module"?

Is this site an "old" one, updated Fabrik and Joomla versions, maybe a copy of an other site (so that some "old" records had some some outdated params etc.)?

Good point. I went back and reverted to the other related menu item, and the problem returned, so it's definitely an issue with the related menu item field.

I didn't mention what I was doing - it's when I log out using a login module that the error is thrown.

The site has had a number of updates (Fabrik and Joomla), but is still in development. There are no old records as such (just test records). These records worked in the other modules correctly, ie logged out without a problem, but threw the error on the 2 specific modules mentioned earlier.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back