Add data to 3 table creating a user?

RobertG

Hi,

I'm a newbee and would like to write in french but I did'nt find a forum for that. I hope you will understand what I'm writing.

I'm trying to create users with additional fields, from frontend.

I'm using 3 lists, one linked to the "#__users" Joomla! table, another to the "#__user_usergroup_map" and the last "#__fb_agents" where I'm adding some personal data for users.

In this table is a field "user_id" linked to the "id" field of #__users.
When I save the form with the lists "users" and "fb_agents" data, the users and fb_agents tables are populated, not the user_usergroup_map table.

For the fb_agent table, I added a field "user_group", unique radio button set to 10 for the agents group, and it works.

I tried to join in agent list
- left user-id to table users field id
I don't know what is my error to explain why no entry is created in the user_usergroup_map table.

I tried other joins between user_id in fb_agents and user_id in user_usergroup_map, and between users_group in fb_agents and group_id in user_usergroup_map table. But it doesn't work.

Could you help me?
Thanks,
Robert

Last edited:
#_user_usergroup_map has a combined primary key which is not supported by Fabrik lists. You can only handle it with direct queries in a php plugin.

But: to synchronize with #_users there's the jUser form plugin which will do also the group handling for your. Add it to your fb_agent form and map the elements (you will need some more like username etc. in your fb_agent list/form)
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/joomla-user-form-plugin/

Thanks troester!
I forgot to add this plugin I used the first time, before deleting an creating the new agent list and form.
But actually, I can't confirm the e-mail field, as in the standard user form. Please see the attachment.
How can I add a confirmation e-mail field here?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 65
Something like
return '{your_table___email1}' == '{your_table___email2}';
(Assuming
your_table___email1
is your element name)

Thanks troester, but I think it is correct only after saving the form, using the table data, not using the form fields, before saving them in the table, no?

Validations are run on save, {} are placeholders for the form input.
So you can't save with different emails.

If you want to validate already during input you can turn on "Ajax validation" in form settings (Form processing tab). Then the validation is already run when the the field loses the focus.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back