after update to joomla 4

Make sure the Fabrik content plugin is enabled and, if you're using a module, "Prepare Content" is also set to "yes".

So, not a bug, but just a matter of settings in the backend.

Hi Iousyfool thanks. It seems in this moment I haven’t Fabrik as Joomla components. There are only 4 plugins of Fabrik.

Before update to Joomla 4 I had to uninstall Fabrik package because even if disabled, the Joomla update to the version 4 was returning error, so unistalled it and the update was successful.

I can restore Joomla to 3.10 but please could you advice a way to update to Joomla 4 without unistalling the Fabrik package if it is that the cause of the Fabrik disappearance?

Hello, I have the same issue as Gapper. I haven't yet uninstalled Fabrik. However, the Joomla update returns errors even though the plugins are disabled. I have only simple php code on calc plugins. Below is one example of the php code I'm talking about.

$rate1 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___rate1_raw}';
$rate2 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___rate2_raw}';
$rate3 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___rate3_raw}';
$rate4 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___rate4_raw}';
$rate5 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___rate5_raw}';
$rate6 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___rate6_raw}';
$rate7 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___rate7_raw}';
$rate8 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___rate8_raw}';
$rate9 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___rate9_raw}';
$quota_asso2 = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___quota_asso2_raw}';
$extras = (float)'{pagamenti_2021_2022___extras_raw}';
$result1 = $rate1 + $rate2 + $rate3 + $rate4 + $rate5 + $rate6 + $rate7 + $rate8 + $rate9 + $quota_asso2 + $extras;
return $result1;

What are the adjustments I should make?:rolleyes:

What do you mean with "same issue"? Calc element is not content plugin.

How did you upgrade?
Which errors?

Hello, sorry I don’t remember the correct way to install the fabrik package: 1) to increase the number of MB for the upload; or 2) unzip the file on local and upload through FTP?

What do you mean with "same issue"? Calc element is not content plugin.

How did you upgrade?
Which errors?

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to upgrade using the extension Pre-update check offered by the Joomla update command. However, before updating the site, I disabled all the Fabrik plugins. Despite that, the Pre-Update check still displays the Fabrik plugins among those that need an update or to be uninstalled, as they could cause the upgrade to fail.

upload_2023-4-19_15-5-1.png

When I continue the updating process, I get the following error message: AJAX loading Error: Forbidden. Any idea why?

upload_2023-4-19_15-21-50.png

Thank you.

So, I have to uninstall Fabrik to update to J4, right? I have some simple PHP code on calc element. Should those be adjusted somehow?

Last edited:
Hello, thanks troester. Does “Prepare content” exist still in Joomla 4?

I have disabled the fabrik extensions when Joomla 3.10 was installed; then installed Fabrik 4 and then published all the Fabrik extensions except those with version 3.10. Now in general the frontend doesn’t return a specific error, but the template doesn’t show the pages based on Fabrik (lists). Lists are all published and extensions with Fabrik 4 too.

The backend shows the message: Fabrik cannot find files required for this version of Joomla. DO NOT use the Fabrik backend admin until this is resolved. Please visit our web site and check for announcements about this version.

Please can you give some tips in order to see the Fabrik lists on frontend?

Backend: Please see Install instructions

but the template doesn’t show the pages based on Fabrik (lists)
May depend on your template. Does it support J!4? Correct module positions e.g. for the menu? If you had Protostar all your positions are gone, Cassiopeia has its own ones (but this has nothing to do with Fabrik, that's Joomla).

Does “Prepare content” exist still in Joomla 4?
Pure Joomla: "Options" in "Custom" modules.
Maybe just have a look?

Thanks for the help. I have already updated to joomla 4. I would have had to copy the content from folder 42 to folder 43 before upgrading. Can I solve now with joomla 4 already installed?
I have seen that folder 43 doesn’t exist in my classes folder. My folder classes includes only folder 42 and a file. In this situation, how can I proceed?

About the Prepare content, I searched in the web; maybe it’s something concerning only the modules of kind Custom and maybe the translation in my language is very different. In this moment maybe that isn’t important because my main concern is to solve the appearance of the fabrik lists in the frontend. My template is Helium by Gantry. I presume it could be something concerning a fabrik setting because only the pages including the lists don’t appear. No error or bug from fabrik; I think only a setting to update in my modules or lists.

I have seen that folder 43 doesn’t exist in my classes folder. My folder classes includes only folder 42 and a file. In this situation, how can I proceed?
please copy
administrator\components\com_fabrik\classes\42
to
administrator\components\com_fabrik\classes\43

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back