Auto-Filled Field Hidden in Front End Only

talkinggoat

Maybe I'm missing something, here. I am trying to make a form auto fill in the frond-end. I can do that. The problem I'm having is, I don't want the field to be visible to the front end users, or the public. When the form is submitted, I need it to pass information to the list, but I can't do that unless the field is editable or read-only. The field is not critical to privacy, I just don't want users asking questions about what the field is.

Selecting hidden is not an option, because I need the form to be visible to other users.

The only way I've been able to hide this is to use JavaScript, when the element is read-only.

JavaScript:
var classCheck = document.getElementById('unique_urls_for_sharing___refering_agent').className;

if (classCheck == 'fabrikElementReadOnly') {
  document.getElementsByClassName('fb_el_unique_urls_for_sharing___refering_agent')[0].style.display = 'none';
}

Yup, that's probably your only solution, as we don't (yet) allow hiding based on ACL.

That's something I may well add one of these days. I've run across the need to do it myself a few times.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back