• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Avoid duplicate entries

Mono

Hi
I am using a database join to join two tables as a one to many. tables 'customer' & 'operator'.

A customer can have many operators.

I have an 'operators' form with a database join to customer id and a repeat group for operator details.

Once a customer has had operator details entered, how do I prevent the user clicking 'add' and creating a duplicate of the original.

I would prefer that if when the user clicked 'add' and there is already an operator, that record would be displayed.
Is this possible?

Have you made a unique index for the database column. It will then be impossible to enter the same value twice.

I'm not just sure what you mean, both tables have a primary key.

I could validate on uniqueness, but still I could end up with 'almost' duplicate records.
eg customer ______ _____operator
1 Pacific Rail___________1 Fred Smith
1 Pacific Rail ___________2 Frederick Smith

If the user comes to enter Frederick Smith and isn't expressly shown that Fred Smith has already been entered for Pacific Rail.

I am not sure, if this is the correct hint:

Menu list/data/joins: You can select 'Merge rows and reduce data'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 17.55.17.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 17.55.17.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 118
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back