Back Button redirects to page other than previous page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbyrley

Hello,

I have a start page with links to several forms. My desire is that a user will start with the top-most form, and then click click the "next" button to get to the next form, and so on. I would also like the forms to have a "back" button that allows them to go to the previous form.

Unfortunately when the back button is clicked, it invariably takes me to the start page, rather than the previous page. Is it possible to change this?

Thanks for your help.

I go to Forms, then select the form I want to add the button to, then go to the button tab, then choose the "Back" button. Is there something wrong with me doing it that way?

Oh, sorry, to get the "Next" button, I just use the "Save" button, that for some reason takes me to the next page when I click it.

Where are the files that contain the logic for how these buttons work? I would like to understand better how these work, because it seems somewhat inconsistent, at lest in my implementation.

Did you add a redirect plugin with "Save and Next" = yes? This will take you to the next record of the list.

Yes. I'm an idiot. I do have those redirects in there. I am revisiting this project after a few years and am trying to relearn how I did it before. I will keep at it and see if I can also figure out how to make the go back button work correctly.

So, I have added redirects to all of my forms now, so clicking "Save" will jump to the next form in the sequence. I have not set any of the redirects to use the "Save and Next" (the option shown under the jump page URL in the redirects plugin) because when I select "yes" for that option, it the form not jump to the next form after submission.

Anyway, I am now trying to tackle the "Go back" button. What is happening is that clicking "Go back" will take me back to my home page index.php, rather than the previous form that I was coming from. How would I configure this button to actually take me the form that I just came from?

Here is the html that is rendered for the back button, when I go from one form to the next using the redirect on submission option:

<button type="button" class="btn button" onclick="parent.location=''" name="Goback">
Back</button>

I would like the parent.location to be the url of the previous form, rather than just blank. How can I fix that?

It's working on my site as expected:
form1 redirecting to form2 --> form2's Back button is showing URL of form1 and going back to it.

How/from where do you call form1?

Yes, I assume the Fabrik Back button won't go to absolute URLs.
You can close solved threads by unchecking "open" in Thread Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back