1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

Bugs in fileupload element: does not work in modal form, and no pop-ups

Discussion in 'Community' started by EricWebsite, Aug 26, 2020.

1. EricWebsite

EricWebsite Member

Level: Community
    Hi,

The title says it all: if the element is set to
    "Create thumbnails" - Yes
    "Use Ajax upload" - No
    The file is uploaded, scaled, the thumb is created and visible in form and list view.
    But only when the form is is NOT modal (List > Details > Links > Ajaxify links > No).
    On a modal form, nothing happens.

When the thumbs are clicked, the image does NOT open in a pop-up box, but as a normal image (black screen, centered).

Tested on Joomla 3.9.16, 3,9.20 and 3.9.21 on 2 different sites, 3 different templates.
    1 standard Fabrik installation/updates, 1 updated from Github.

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

I think this is a known issue/restriction (maybe even a HTML one).

3. EricWebsite

EricWebsite Member

Which one? The not-working pop-up or the fact that this element does not work in a modal form?

4. EricWebsite

EricWebsite Member

Friendly bump!

There really is a bug in this element!

5. EricWebsite

EricWebsite Member

Well, I found part of the causes, so I will post it here for anyone who experiences this problem as well.
    Fabrik adds attributes rel="lightbox[]" to the links on the thumbnails in list and form view of this element.
    But the pop-ups do not work because lightbox.js and lightbox.css are not loaded.
    I solved this by downloading them from here: https://lokeshdhakar.com/projects/lightbox2/
    Put the files somewhere on the server and load them through the template or a module on the pages that need them et voilĂ .

In a modal form, it is still not possible to add an image. In a normal form it works. So that is still a problem to be solved.

6. cerrani

cerrani New Member

I have the same problem on this last point, are there any updates about it?