Can this be done

rbuelund

I have a list that contains certain Category names. A list that contains items data.

When I want to submit a new category i need to be able to add items dynamically with an "Add" button on the same Category form - so like a dynamic form in another form - is this possible ?

Ahh.. I think i wrote it wrong. The flow i want is: add a New caregory throgh a form and on that same form dynamically add rows to another list which then also are joined to that exact caregory. So not only one dynamic element, but a list with many elements that you then can add dynamically to the caregory. Is that possible?

Well.. still not quite what I want. An example: In a form I want to enter some general information about a brood(I think that is the english term?) of cats (eg brood name, mothers name and fathers name), then press "Add", and add information (name, birthdate, price etc..) about each kitten of the brood - so several rows of data for each kitten in this exact brood.. is that possible to do ?

I do not want to create the brood first and then afterwards sellect it on each kitten, it must be one single process for the user.

Last edited:
Hmm, let's see... a group of elements which can be repeated... rings a bell? Oh right, repeatable groups. See Wiki. :)

Hmm.. but what is the difference between joining two lists and selecteing repeatable on one of the lists and creating repeatable groups ??

Hmmm.. well the original elements where of the correct type, but when selecting Repeat, all of a sudden they are changed ?? But I will then have to recreate them.

did not know that i had to delete the primary id of the list to set its group to repeatable.
NO!! You must not delete your PK (id element).
You must create an additional group, set this group to repeatable and move all elements you want to repeat inside this group. But at least the id element of your list must stay in a standard non-repeatable group.

BTW: technically there's no difference between a list join set to repeatable and a repeatable group. With the list join you are using an existing table with a FK linked to the id of your main/parent table, with the repeatable group Fabrik is creating and joining such a table for you (your-table_groupID_repeat, with parent_id as FK)

But now I have another problem. When i add an image through the fileupload element in the first repeat, and then press + to add another repeat, that image is automatically add in that row too ?? "Copy values" on the group is set to NO ??

Also if i afterwards delete only one of the repeated rows - both rows and the parent row are removed ??

Last edited:
I think you can't use ajax upload (which is some sort of repeat group itself) inside a repeat group.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back