• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Can this be done

Hmm, I thought I'd fixed the AJAX upload in a repeat group thing, although personally I don't have any sites that do that, so it's possible something may have broken.

I'll try and find some time to look at it soon, but that code is horribly complex, because of the "repeat join inside a repeat join" issue, and it takes me about a day to get my head back round the code every time I work on it.

-- hugh

Would be really nice if that could become working. Another problem I found is that the +/- buttons do not work on a mobile - something with the z-index - but maybe that is a template problem instead?
And when I add a text in the repeat group introduction field like this: {i}. killing
it is shown like in the picture below - the second introduction is wrongly placed right under the first introduction ?? And the third is placed under the second and so on.error.jpg

I'll see if I can replicate that.

Yup, it'd be nice to have repeat AJAX in a repeat group with cropping working. But finding 8 or 10 hours to work on it for free is difficult. These days I can only justify that much time when it's an issue that directly affects one of our paying clients. The days of me spending days on end fixing stuff for free, or for a $20 monthly sub, are unfortunately gone - I spent a decade doing that, can't go back to it.

-- hugh

Ok - just updated to the latest build and can verify that the problem with the repeat group introduction field is still there.
Another thing i worte earlier: If I delete on of the repeated row in the list view in frontend, then all rows and the parent row are deleted !? Is this the expected behaviour ?

Hmm.. could the thing with the introduction field be caused by not having a clear:both"

If I add this to the deafult_repeatgroup.php:
<div class="fabrikSubGroup" style="clear:both">

it works as expected - but is that the correct way to do it ??

I can't replicate the issue with the repeat group intro.
But instead of editing default_repeatgroup.php (will be overridden by the next update if it's not a custom template) you can add it in the custom_css.php
.fabrikSubGroup {clear:both;}

If I delete on of the repeated row in the list view in frontend,
In list view you are viewing (and editing and deleting) the rows of the parent table (including their repeated joins which may be displayed separatetly or merged depending on your settings).
So even with "display mode"="each row separately" you are modifying the parent records.

Not in the list view of the parent list.
You can delete one repeat group in form view or you can activate "Related data" and delete one of the child records in the list view of the child list.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back