Change new list default settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

juuser

Hi,

When creating new tables I usually change over 10 settings (eg. filters under headings, show total: yes, ajaxify list:yes etc.) .

It would save a lot of time if it would be possible to change these default setting according to my need, so I wouldn't have to modify these with every new table. Is there some way to achieve this with some reasonable way?

Thanks!

Actually, having said that ... there might be. Try creating a new list from the "Default" content type, called something like "My Default". Set all your default settings in the new list and save it. Go to the Forms tab, and under "Content Type" do "Export" for the new "My Default".

Then try creating another new list, and select that as the content type. Hopefully, all your defaults will be applied.

If it worked, you can delete the "My Default" list (and any test lists), and just retain the content type for use when creating lists.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh for the tip, but unfortunately no luck with this.

Just to be sure I did everything right:

1) Created new list (Mylist), adjusted all the settings according to my need, chose "Default" as a content type and saved the list.
2) Went to form list and exported Mylist as content type.
3) Created new list again and selected Mylist as content type.
4) Still all the settings are default :(

Would be ideal if there would be possible to select "default" for every setting in Fabrik global settings like in Joomla, but that is probably not a "5 minute job" :)

I think you could hack administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\forms\list.xml
But this is a core file. So you must know what you are doing + it's overridden by any update.

Thanks for a good hint Troester! This method seems to work and I can probably think of some automated solution to change the values again after it has been overridden by update.

Don't automate anything.
As I said it's a core file, there may be relevant changes in new versions and you can break you site if you do something wrong.
If you are modifying such a file you always have to mention it if you get any issues (even if you think they are not related).

Thanks, I'll be careful. I will make only changes like eg. default="1" to default="2", so these should not cause any issues, hopefully :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back