Content plugin (select a row list)

mariluzrm

Hi, I'm using the content plugin. I have a list of stores and a list of products available in each store. How can I select a row from the list above (stores) and only list the products from that store in the list below (products)?
Now it shows the products of all stores
Thank you

That is, how can I pass a data from one list to the other list? (both are inside an article with the content plugin) to filter the second list. That is, when selecting a store in the top list, the products of that store are shown in the lower list (and not the products of all the stores). I do not know if you understand.
Thanks

You can pass data via URL parameters.
So in your first list you can add a custom link to details to one element linking to your article with an additional URL param like
&myparam1={rowid}
In your content plugin call of the 2nd list add a list filter ....your-foreign-key-element=[myparam1]
See WIKI content plugin and list filtering.

But depending on what you want to do you could use only your list1 with related data enabled.

Thanks.

How can I get "rowid" of the first list? And where must I put the URL link with this parameter? I can't see how to do it on wiki.

I don't understand when you say: "But depending on what you want to do you could use only your list1 with related data enabled"

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks!!! It works!!.

But when you click on the list above, to load the records from the list below, the page is reloaded... Is there a way to not reload? (that is, be asynchronous, ajax...)

Another similar question. I have in the content plugin a list above and its form below (that I have already achieved by putting in the "content" section of the article):

{fabrik view=list id=1}
{fabrik view=form id=1}

But how can I view/edit in form the row selected in the list?

Thanks.

It's the same principle with a custom edit/view link in list settings.
But why don't you use features like ajaxfied links or related data (edit/view/related data in a popup)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Then it is not possible to use this method without reloading the page, simulating a filter from the second list but without reloading?

Could you give me more information about it (ajaxfied links or related data)? Is this necessary in a pop-up window? Is it not possible in the same window?

And regarding my other question (list and form with content plugin in the same page)? How would it be done?

Infinite thanks!

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back