• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Date element inserted 23:20:00

railer

I have a job listing site which is running on Joomla 3.8.x and Fabrik 3.8.1.
Can't upgrade at the moment as it is a JMS Multisite.

We have built a Job Listing database managed with Fabrik.

Issue:

When an Employer posts fills out the job description, there is a Date field element called Publish Date. For some strange reason, when a recent job was posted, it saved the time associated with the date in the database as 23:20:00. Which meant that when the publish date came around, the job wasn't visible until almost midnight.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to overcome this problem so that when the date changes, the time will be 00:01:00, or something with the same effect? I suppose that 00:00:00 would be the start of the next day.

Last edited:
Hi Hugh,

I've uploaded two screen captures of the "date" element's settings. Note that server time was set to PDT when the issue was noticed. I've since reset it to EDT (our local time) and have rebooted the server. PDT is 3 hours behind EDT. But I don't think this issue is related. Again, this is Fabrik 3.8.1. (Joomla 3.8.8.).

Attachments

• ece_dateformats_tab.png
    ece_dateformats_tab.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 90
  • ece_formatting-time_pane.png
    ece_formatting-time_pane.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 89
If you turn the time selector on, it should save the current time.

-- hugh
Thanks Hugh and marozen. I had already set the time selector to Show after I took the screen capture. Waiting to see whether the time is accurate. However, I don't understand why the time value wouldn't just default to 00:00:00 if nothing else was configured? More strangely, where the heck did the 23:20:00 value which was stored in the database come from? Is it based on the time at which the PayPal IPN came through? Weird!

I have no idea where that time came from.

I don't think a PayPal IPN would effect it, unless you have some custom code set to update that date element. We very explicitly only update the fields you specify in the IPN handling.

-- hugh

Okay. Well I plan to upgrade the sites and Fabrik in the next couple of weeks. We'll see if these problems resolve themselves. Hopefully there won't be any new problems. Speaking of which, is there anything I need to be aware of which might break when going from Fabrik 3.8.1 to 3.9? In hindsight, I don't really want the "time selector" to be on.
Can you please confirm what "time" the date element ought to be saving into the database along with the chosen date if the time selector is off?

It should save 00:00:00 with the time selector off. Well, if the element is set to save UTC, it'll apply your TZ offset to that.

I'm not aware of anything breaking between 3.8.1 and 3.9. Although there have been a lot of changes since then, it's mostly small, incremental stuff. New features, bug fixes.

You may need to work on your date elements, I can't remember when I made the changes that introduced the new jdate element, and changed the time selector on the 'date' element.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back