Default imgae in fileupload element not showing??

rbuelund

I am using the fileupload element to upload images. I use the path /images/used_mc for the uploaded images and I have placed an image no_photo.jpg in that folder. In the default image i have entered: /images/used_mc/no_photo.jpg

The uploaded images are showing fine in my custom template, but if no image is uploaded the default image is not shown ??

Try without leading /
images/used_mc/no_photo.jpg

It seems the details view is using the relative path (list view is adding the Joomla root and working with and without /)

It's working on my site (without leading /).
Where is the image missing: list view, details view?
Do you have a link?

Attached all settings of imageupload element.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 252
  • display.jpg
    display.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 256
  • thumbnails.jpg
    thumbnails.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 249
  • crop.jpg
    crop.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 257
  • storage.jpg
    storage.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 249
  • ajax.jpg
    ajax.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 250
  • downloads.jpg
    downloads.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 258
  • export.jpg
    export.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 249
I need to get in and test, as I can't replicate this on any of my various upload torture test forms. The default image works just fine. If I add a new form and don't specify and upload, the default gets applied.

Just to confirm ... this is when you submit a form, without specifying an image? This isn't for existing rows, and you have added a default image to the element settings after you already have rows in the list with no file in them? I'm not sure if setting a default iage after you already have "empty" data in existing rows would work or not, I think we only apply that default during form submission. Likewise, I'm not sure if it gets applied if you edit an existing row which has no upload. I could test ... but I want to establish what your expectations are before I go off testing all the possible scenarios.

-- hugh

Just to confirm ... it's OK if I add some test data? That's a nice site you have there, and I'd hate to stink it up!

If it's live, I'd also be happier knowing it's all backed up?

-- hugh

I just took a backup - but please be carefull and delete the data testdata you add fast, as the site is live!
I have just tried adding a new record with no image selected - the default image is not shown.

Not yet. Apologies, I know we're dragging our feet on this, but the new JED goes live this week, which is obviously eating us alive, and I've been going through some more medical crap - the neck epidural last week which was supposed to sort out the post-op pain from my recent neck fusion has caused some other issues which are making it hard for me to work for extended periods. I know none of this is your problem, and we need to get this fixed, but atm all I can do is my best, and rely on your patience!

I'm also really nervous about doing anything on your site. I'm going to have to put in debug code, as simply confirming the issue happens on your site but not mine doesn't really help, I need to actually dump out debug info, which will break all your form submissions. What would be the best time of day to do this? I would advise closing the site for the hour or so it would probably take me.

-- hugh

Then do NOT do this - the site cannot be closed. I will later take a backup and install a test - only problem is my subscription will run out again !!

I have now created a backup site for you where you can mess around all that you wan't. You then just need to write here what exactly you have done to fix the problem, so that I can doit myself on the live site. See the testsite credentials under mysites - the caps site

Don't worry about the subscription, we'll get this sorted out for you. I know we're behind on this, we're doing our best to catch up, and we'll be as fair as we can be with fixing things that got delayed beyond your subscription period.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back