1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you update to Joomla 3.9.16, you will have to update Fabrik from the latest GitHub version, to fix a bug introduced in Joomla, which makes it impossible to list front end folder locations in backend JForms. This affects things like template selection.
    Dismiss Notice

DELETED

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by smalldragoon, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smalldragoon

smalldragoon Member

Level: Community
    Hi ,
    My question could sounds basic but the story is a little bit more tricky.
    here is the scope :
    I'm using a joomla extension which generate modals.
    The management of the modal is done through tags which are designed to be into content.
    here is an example :

{modal url="http://www.XX.com" id="themodal"}{/modal}

So, to get it include into my form, I use an element ( display ) and check thee box "eval"

If now, I create another element like button , which will trigger some javascript, no issues, the modal is triggered.
    For ref, here is the JS code :

$el = $('themodal');
    $el.click();

Now, I would like to use the form validation and, if something does not match, trigger a modal. Idea is then to build some javascript through the PHP , like that for example ( in this ex, it do not submit the form ) :

$formModel->errors['tablename___elementname'][] = 'woops!';
    echo '
    <script type="text/JavaScript">
    $el = $("#themodal");
    prompt("Test wokring ! before click");
    $el.click();
    </script>';
    return false;

But as it is a different PHP, it is not able to grab the ref ( the "el" is linked to nothing , thus no click action available ) .

How can I solve this ? any suggestions ? Maybe I should proceed anotherway ?
    Thanks in advance !

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.